Mother Of The Year

I can't believe Jace and I have demon blood in our system. Valentine is a real ass, who does that to their own kids? No, he's not my father, Michael Wayland is. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Jace walk next to me.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "All my wounds are healed. I'm going to kick Stark's ass the next time I see him."

"That's not what I'm talking about."

"Finding out that the guy, who calls himself our father, admits injecting his own children with demon blood. Everything's all fine and dandy."

"Do you believe what he said about Jocelyn?"

I shook my head, "No. I believe Clary, who I know will stop at nothing to find us."

"It's not just Clary. Alec and Izzy are probably going overboard at the Institute."

I finally looked at him, "You don't think they'll use their parabatai bond to find us?"

"Izzy? I know she wouldn't. She knows the risk, she won't unless it's the last resort. I'm not so sure about Alec, he used it once. I'm sure he'll use it again if it means seeing you again." My chest began hurting. Jace wrapped his arm around me as I placed my head on his shoulder. "You'll see him again, Sam."

I didn't respond as we watched the Shadowhunters train. How are they willing to do this? Do they think they're doing the right thing? Do they really know what kind of guy Valentine is?

"Impressive, aren't they?" Speak of the devil. "But they still don't have the inherent gifts that you two have. You took to a seraph blade the way a baby takes to a bottle."

"What kind of a father experiments on his kids with pure demon blood?" Jace snapped.

"A father with perspective. We want the same thing. To save this world from demons."

I glared at him, "The Clave fights demons."

"The Clave has grown soft...Protecting Downworlders with the Accords. All Downworlders, one day, will give in to their violent tendencies. It's unavoidable. Even a single drop of demon blood running in your veins, makes you a threat to humanity."

"We know plenty of Downworlders who play by the rules. They control their urges." Jace argued.

"You're thinking of Lucian Graymark, warlocks like Magnus Bane, and...even Clarissa's little vampire friend Simon? No matter how good they try to be, Downworlders cannot control their demonic blood forever."

"You don't know them like we do. Luke, Magnus, and Simon don't give in to their urges. They help those in need." I snapped.

"And what about your other vampire friend? Raphael Santiago? I'm sure he's given in to his urges. Wasn't he the one who turned Clarissa's friend?"

"It wasn't him, that was Camille. And Rapha doesn't kill innocents."

"Because you know him? What you don't understand, Sara, is that the people closest to you could be the most dangerous. Thought you'd learned after Starkweather."

My blood boiled, "Trusting Hodge was a mistake. One that I won't be making again."

Valentine's smile grew, "That's what I'm looking for. Use that anger to rid the world of evil. Become the warrior I know you are, Sara."

"Well, sorry to disappoint. The only people I want to take my anger out on is you and Sir Pretty Boy."

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "Time will come, Sara. Soon you will be apart of something great."