You Are Not Your Own

I heard the door open. I didn't need to look up to know it was the Inquisitor. It was that time of day again. For me to get tortured.

I got up and placed my hands in front of me. Fred came over and clasped the cuffs around me. "You understand why I'm doing this, Samantha?" Inquisitor asked.

To punish me for killing those Downworlders. For aiding Valentine even when I've had no control over it. To enjoy seeing me in pain. I wanted to say that. I really wanted to. I can't give her the satisfaction so I recited, "The law is hard, but it is the law."

She gave me a nod. "That's right."

Fred grabbed my arm and started dragging me away. We made it towards one of the elevators and made our way inside.

I know I shouldn't have asked, but I just had to. "Any leads on Stark?" I really want to drove my seraph through his chest.

Inquisitor held her arms behind her back. "No."

I sighed. That's the straightest answer I was going to get. The first time I asked, she said she couldn't tell me in case I was able to get a message to him. Why would I want to message that douche after everything? He's part of the reason why I'm stuck in here.

We stood in silence after that. When the elevator opened I was surprised to see myself near Valentine's cell.

"Samantha?" He looked confused on why I'm here.

I glared at him while Fred lead me towards the chair in the middle of the room. He began strapping me in. Inquisitor walked around me before she took out her stele. She traced the rune on my arm. I felt this burning sensation spreading through my body as I gripped the chair and groaned.

From the corner of my eye I could see Valentine's eyes widen. "What are you doing to her?!" He yelled.

Inquisitor ignored him as the pain stopped. She placed her hands on the chair as she peered down at me. "Where is the Mortal Cup?"

I looked up at her with an annoyed look. "I told you. I. Don't. Know."

She nodded at Fred. He got his stele out and drew the rune. The burning was worst than the last time and I started screaming. Valentine started banging on the window. "She said she doesn't know!"

Inquisitor strolled over to Valentine. "She knows something. You don't want her to give up the location. We'll get it out of one of you. All it takes is time."

I grunted again as Fred drew the rune. "If I knew where the Cup is, don't you think I would have told you by now!" I snapped.

Inquisitor crossed her arms. "You killed Downworlders for this man." She glared at Valentine. "Did you really think I would believe your lies?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? It wasn't on my own accord. I was brainwashed for crying out loud!"

I screamed as Fred drew the rune again. "Yes, the magic necklace that can control your thoughts and your actions." She didn't believe me. They have the necklace, why haven't they looked into it? Unless...

I gave them wide eyes. "You haven't been getting evidence," I breathed.

To my shock, Valentine came to my aid. "Samantha was being mind controlled. That dragon, Stark Destro, got her to wear it."

Inquisitor strolled over. "Valentine. A man of many lies. How do we know this is not another one?" I felt my eye twitch. He just said that Stark did it, and they don't believe him. Inquisitor marched over to me. "If one of you won't tell me where the Cup is...."