The Fair Folk

Last night has got to be one of the most amazing dates I've ever been on. I still can't believe that it was my very first date with Alec. If I could relive that moment forever, I would.

I woke up with a big smile. I turned behind me to see Alec still sleeping. It's still a bit early for him to wake up, so I quickly pecked his cheek before getting up. I looked back and a light smile came to my face before I left his room.

I walked down the hallway thinking. It was nice to pause everything for one night. I forgot what it was like to have fun. Don't get me wrong fighting demons does give me a thrill, but it was nice to have fun like a mundane. Maybe I should ask Clary and Simon what do most mundanes do for fun.

I stopped when I heard the piano being played. I followed the noise into the music room and smiled when I see Jace playing the piano. He must be thinking a lot right now if he's playing.

I opened the door and leaned on it. "Need a partner?"

Jace stopped playing before looking at me. He gave a little nod before gesturing towards the violin. "Remember how to play?" He asked smugly.

I went across the room and grabbed it. "Oh, please. I could do this in my sleep."

He shook his head, but smiled anyway before playing (Play video). I waited for the note to change before I played along side him. I enjoyed moments like these with Jace when we were kids. Well, if our fingers weren't bleeding or anything.

Before the fire, Jace and I would play the instruments when Valentine was gone. We didn't have to worry about him breaking our fingers or slapping us when we messed up. Playing together like this was my second favorite pass time with him. We haven't been doing it as often. The last time I think we played like this was...two years ago. Yes, we still play, but when everything is too much for us to handle. And we would usually play alone. Only the Lightwoods knew that we could play. And if I'm being honest, if Jace showed this side to him to Clary then that might show her another side of him. A good side.

When the song ended we heard a little clap and we snapped our heads up as some blonde guy walked in. Who the hell is he?

The guy walked further into the room. "Bravo. I had no idea I was in the company of a virtuoso."

I gave Jace a confused look. "Jace, who is he?"

The guy shook his head. "My apologies." He placed his hand out. "Sebastian Verlac. And you must be Samantha Wayland. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"You're Sebastian?"

He nodded while he furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes."

Instead of shaking his hand, I pulled him into a bone crushing hug. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." If it wasn't for him, I could be dead. "Have I said thank you?"

Sebastian chuckled before I pulled away. "A few times."

Jace looked confused. "Sam, what's going on?"

Right, he doesn't know. I looked at Jace. "Sebastian knew a thing or two about dragons, so he was able to identify the necklace." I gave Sebastian a thankful smile. "He's the reason why I'm not dead right now."

"It's no trouble. When I researched greater demons there was this passage on dragons and what they're capable of. Identifying the necklace wasn't that difficult if you knew where to look. And believe me, I was happy to help. I know what it's like to lose someone you love."

Jace gave him a grateful look. "Well, thank you."

"If I knew that you two could play like that, I might have helped the moment I got here." This time Jace and I scoffed. "No, seriously, it's extraordinary. I mean, I wish I could play like that. Where did you learn? Who taught you two?"