Dust And Shadows

Stark and I circled round each other. Our seraphs were held up high. I want to wipe that smirk off his face. "Ready for round two?" He asked.

"Just don't cry when I win." I teased.

"I let you win that time."

I scoffed, "Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that."

"Alright, let's make things more interesting. A bet. If you win, I'll...let you torture me."

"Why does that sound more like it's mostly for you?"

He smirked, "Because it is."

I shook my head, "No. If I win....you have to walk up to Valentine and tell him to shove the Soul-Sword up his ass and deal with the consequences."

"That's a death sentence." He pointed out.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Take it of leave it."

He sighed, "Fine. If I win...." He smirked again. "You have to kiss me."

"Fine, only because it's not going to happen."

"We'll see."

He swung at me first and I blocked it. I swung back and he ducked under it before kicking me. I staggered back before I continue to swing at him. Left. Right. Hit after hit we were able to block each others attacks. I used the butt of my blade to hit him across his jaw. He elbowed my jaw.

He tried to punch me again, but I ducked under it and send a swift kick. He stumbled back before jumping up and kicked my cheek. I tried to punch him, but he grabbed my arm and flipped me over. I regain my balanced and swung my blade again.

Click. Clank. Clunk. Swipe after swipe, punch after punch. We were evenly matched. I ran at the wall and jumped from it to knock him down.

I pointed my blade at him as I panted, "I win."

I gave Stark a confused look when he smirked at me. He used his foot to sweep under my left foot. I fell back, which caused my blade to fall out of my hand. I went to grab it, but he placed his knee on my hand and held the blade close to my throat.

He kept that smirk, "I told you, I'll get you on your back."

He got up and held his hand down for me to take. I took it and he helped me up. I was saved when the door opened and Valentine waltzed in. "I figured I find you here."

"You found me. What do you need? Is the plan set?" I asked.

He smiled, "Every great plan takes time, Sara. I have a mission for you."

Finally. "What mission?" I couldn't help keep the excitement out of my voice.

"There's a list of pest I need you to take care of. Downworlders are getting stronger. Their numbers are growing. I need that to stop."

I nodded, "I'm on it."

》》》》

I'm glad I got something to do. I hate training the Circle members. The only one who listened to instruction is Stark and that's saying something. Valentine also instructed me to kill those who stand in my way. Oh, please, like he needs to tell me twice.

The nest wasn't even that difficult to handle. It was just a bunch of newbies. I need a challenge. Maybe I'll go to Hotel DuMort and take care of Raphael and his clan. Like I just threw my star and it sliced the vampire's head right off. Then, I stabbed two of the vampires through their chest. I saved their leader for last.

"We did nothing wrong." The vermin sneered.

I sighed as I knelt down to his level, "For now. But you Downworlders are all the same. You break the Accords thinking we wouldn't find out. How stupid could you be? You know what...don't answer that."