Bound by Blood Part 1

My head. It hurts so much. I don't know if it's from Alec's punch or the effect of the necklace. I never felt that much pain before.

My whole body felt like it was being electrocuted. The more I tried to move something was stabbing me. I know Valentine's calling me back, but I don't want to leave.

I felt my body being picked up and the stranger began walking. My body felt numb, but I had to force my eyes open. My vision was a bit blurry, but I knew that figure anywhere.

"Rapha." I mumbled.

He shushes me, "Shhh. I got you, Sunshine. Just go back to sleep."

I couldn't argue with him. My head fell on his shoulder as I let the darkness consume me once more.

》》》》

This time when I opened my eyes I was laying on one of the couches at the Hotel DuMort. I got up. I can't be here. I have to get back to Valentine before he sends another shock through my body.

"You're up." Rapha says as he walks into the room.

I got up from the couch, "I can't be here. I have to go."

I walked towards the exit, but Rapha sped over to block my path. "I picked you up from the street. I'm hurt. At least stay for a while. Gives us time to catch up. Word on the street is, you're back to your old self."

"Not 100%. I still have this urge to ram my seraph in you. I have to go. Valentine is calling me and I'm public enemy number one with the Downworlders."

Rapha gestured to himself, "Not all."

I felt my hand shake. "Rapha..." He still doesn't hate me, after all this time.

"I found another way to get that necklace off you."

I shook my head, "There is no other way. Stark's the one who put it on me, he has to take it off."

Rapha walked closer, "Unless he's dead."

"What?"

"Stark is the one who put the necklace on you. The necklace won't have any power over you if he's dead. I already got some of my men looking for him. He could say adios by sunrise."

This has got to be the greatest news ever. But killing Stark....I - I can't see myself enjoying that. I mean, I killed demons. Stark is nothing but one. I thought we were...friends...enemies? Frienemies, who kissed a few times.

"No." I said.

"Excuse me?"

"No. I don't want you to kill him."

Rapha gave me a look saying if I was stupid, "Sam, your problems will go away once my vamps get a hold of him. I thought this is what you wanted."

"I do, believe me. But....I think Stark can be useful to us." I lied. "He is one of Valentine's best soldiers. If I could get him to switch sides, then Valentine's army will be nothing but weak Shadowhunters. The moment Stark is render useless, you can torture him all you want. Hell, you could even kill him."

Rapha looked frustrated but agreed. The door to the hotel opened and I was surprised to see Izzy walking in. "Raphael, I need -" She stopped when she saw me. She ran over and hugged me, since we didn't last night. "Sam."

I held her back just as tight, "Iz."

"You ok? The pain stopped?"

Rapha looked as back in confusion, "What pain?"

I slowly pulled away and looked at him, "Valentine is calling out to me. The necklace sent this jolt threw my body, like I was being electrocuted. I had Alec take me out of the Institute before I could kill all my friends."