Mea Maxima Culpa

I stared aimlessly at the wall. It's been a few days since they've captured Valentine. A few days since I've been arrested and trapped in the City of Bones.

This place has been giving me nightmares. One day I'm dreaming about killing Jace. The next, Izzy and Clary or Magnus and Simon. And Alec. Some of those nightmares even had Stark. I wouldn't kill him or anything. It was always the same, he helped me escape, then we kill everyone in the Institute. Or he helps me kill the people I love. Then kisses me.

Every time Alec came to visit me he would have the same sad expression on his face. Aldertree promised I would be out soon. That he needed more evidence, more information, about the necklace. Magnus tried to help by giving him all the information, but they still needed some sort of confession from either Stark or Valentine. That's not gonna happen. He told us that he almost got enough evidence for my release, until they send him back to Idris.

I heard the door open. I immediately got up when Alec stood in front of my cell. By the defeated look on his face, nothing new happened. I placed my hands on the bar. "Nothing."

Alec shook his head. "Valentine won't admit anything."

"What about Stark? Did you guys find him?"

Alec's clenched his fist. "No. One of the cameras spotted him near Pandemonium. Jace and I checked it out...nothing."

I grabbed his hands. "Hey." Alec slowly looked at me. "You'll find him."

"I'm going to kill him."

"No, Alec. You need him remember. Valentine won't admit that the had Stark place that necklace on me, so you need him to confess."

Alec shook his head. "Stark Destro is a conniving snake. That's why I had to increase security around here."

I sighed. "Alec -"

"Stark's in love with you. For all we know, he's making some plan to come get you. I can't have that after..."

Guilt washed over me. I still can't believed I kissed the guy. That I actually developed feelings for that psychopath. I grabbed Alec's face, which was difficult through the bars. "Nothing is going to happen. I love you and only you, Alec." I changed the subject. "How's Izzy?"

"She's ok?"

I raised my eyebrow at him as I let go. "Alec, you seem to forget I'm her parabatai. I could feel her suffering. So let me ask again, how is she?"

He sighed. "I told everyone at the Institute that she has the flu. She's not doing well. She's shaking, her temperature is warming up. The Yin Fen hasn't left her system yet."

I could see the hatred in his eyes. I would want to stab Rapha too for biting Izzy. And I want to be mad at Izzy for giving Rapha her blood. But, I can't be mad at them.

"Cause you know you can't, " A voice said. I breath came out quicker when I see Hodge behind Alec. "They're your friends, Goldilocks. You love them no matter what." He smiled at me. "Because that's the person you are. You forgive those who shouldn -"

Hodge gasped. I screamed when blood began coming out of his mouth. I covered my mouth as Hodge's eyes roll to the back of his head and his body fell to the ground. I heard a dark chuckle coming from...myself.

Evil me laughed. "Pathetic." She pointed her seraph at me. "Look at you, crying over this traitor. Remember what the Institute taught us. Emotions cloud judgement. Especially for that one." She pointed at Alec. "Well, I got the cure for that."

Evil me ran up to Alec. She pulled his head back and slit his throat. I screamed. "Alec!"

She started laughing as she dropped his body. "That's better."