Parabatai Lost

"I don't know, Jace." I said as I took in our new home. "Can't we just come back tomorrow like we're suppose to?"

Jace smiled at me, "Come on, Sam. This place is gonna be great."

We walked past the heart of the Institute. I'm really nervous about this. Yes, I know how to handle my weapons already, but everyone here looks so intimidating.

Robert stood next to one of the monitors with a little girl with raven hair. He smiled at us when we're close, "Jace. Samantha. You made it."

Jace smiled back, "Nice to see you, Robert."

He gestured towards the little girl, "This is my daughter Isabelle. Sweetie, this is Jace and Samantha."

Jace shook her hand, "Nice to meet you." She went to shake my hand, but I hid behind him. "Sorry about Sam. She's not use to meeting new people."

To my surprise, she smiled, "It's fine. She'll get use to me."

Robert knelt down, "Alec's in the training room if you want to meet him."

"Sure." Jace said excitedly before leaving me.

Robert looked at Isabelle, "Izzy, why don't you give Samantha a tour of the Institute?"

She nodded, "Sure, Dad."

He gave her a pat on the head before leaving. She showed me the kitchen, where I would be sleeping, one of the training rooms.

"Most Shadowhunters are good with a seraph blade. As for me, I'm getting use to the whip. Have you chosen a weapon?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I have my throwing stars."

"You any good?"

"According to Jace and my dad. Apparently I get too confident when it comes them."

We stopped at one of targets in the room. Isabelle grabbed a dagger and giving it to me. "So throwing a dagger wouldn't be a problem?" I nodded. "Show me."

Be confident, that's the key. I let out a breath before taking the dagger from her hands. I love the feeling of throwing one of these. I turned around, my back facing the target. Isabelle gave me a confused look. I held my hand up before throwing the dagger behind me. A smile came to my face when I saw Isabelle's eyes widen.

"Wow." She said.

My confidence rose, "I know. It's a gift."

She chuckled, "You and I are going to be great friends."

I looked towards the crowd as they held their blades up, "Strike one!" They blocked left. "Strike two!" They blocked right. "Attack!" They started swinging at their dummies. I let out a frustrating sigh.

"How's the training, Sara?" Valentine asked.

I glared at the Shadowhunters, "It's like they have two left feet and don't know how to hold a seraph." I snapped at him. "Why am I here anyway? Jace is out there, probably hurt, and I'm just stuck here training your men."

"I know you want Jonathan safe, I understand that. Which is why I want you to look for him, protect him from those who want to harm him. If anything and anyone stand in your way, kill them."