Those of Demon Blood

You know what better way to celebrate your new found freedom is? Having a drink with your twin brother. After everything that's happened, he wanted us to have a good time like we use to.

We arrived at Hunter's Moon, which caused me to stop. Jace turned around when I wasn't following. "Sam?"

I shook my head. "I can't be in there."

"Why not?"

I raised my eyebrow. "Why no - how about the fact that I killed a lot of Downworlders and this bar is full of them. My head will be on a pike by the end of the night."

"Sam, you can handle a bunch of Downworlders. Some know it wasn't you."

"So they say."

"If anyone tries to attack you, I'll make sure they won't see another sunrise again."

There he goes being the protective brother. "Jace, I know you will. But you can't be there to help me every time I get in trouble."

He chuckled as he wrapped his arm around me. "That's the beauty about it, Sam. I'll keep doing it whether you want me to or not."

I started laughing as we enter the bar. The moment I stepped inside everyone stopped what they were doing. I saw a few people glaring at me. I could hear a few of them growl at me.

"What is she doing here?" Someone sneered.

Another guy stood up and walked over. "I don't know, but her head belongs on a my wall."

He barley got close to me when Jace held him back. "I don't think so," He sneered.

The guy glared at him. "Why not? She killed my clan. If the Clave's not going to do anything about this beast, then I will."

Beast. Is that what I'm known now to them? I'm just some...some animal. That stung, but I tried not to show it.

"You're not going to harm a hair on her."

The vampire bared his fangs while grabbing Jace by his collar. "You wanna bet."

Jace smirked. "Well, that's not really a fair wager."

The guy's glare hardened. He raised his fist up, ready to hit. Until a voice stop him. "Hey!" I looked to see that Maia girl at the bar. "Either you buy something or get the hell out." Jace and the vampire's glare didn't falter. "Now!"

The vampire just scoffed before nodding his head at his friends. They all got up and followed him. They each glared at me as they purposely and roughly bump their shoulder with mine. I bit my lip to hold back the tears until I saw two familiar people in here. Clary and Simon, shit. Clary was half way up her seat and Simon gave me a worried look.

I shook my head and looked at Jace. "Let's just go. It's obvious I'm not welcome here."

"No," Jace said. "We came here for a drink and that's what we're gonna do."

"Jace..."

He grabbed my arm. "Why argue? You know you can't beat me."

I raised my eyebrow at him when we sat down. "What about training the other day?"

He scoffed. "I let you win."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure, you did."

Without asking, Maia placed one shot glass in front of me. "Let me guess...brother and sister?"

"Twins," Jace and I answered.

Maia nodded and placed another shot glass in front of me before filling them. "Ok, you're definitely going to need this. Don't worry it's on me."