A Problem of Memory

I kept glancing at my phone. My finger hovered over Magnus' number. He didn't look too well at the meeting. Actually he didn't look like he slept in days and that got me worrying. Magnus might be himself but he isn't actually himself, if that makes sense. I don't know what's bothering him, but he shouldn't go through it alone.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me. "Good morning," Alec said sleepily as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

I sighed. "There's nothing good about this morning."

Alec glanced down at my phone. "I'm sure Magnus is fine." I placed my phone down and gave a little nod. But it's not just Magnus I'm worried about. I couldn't fall asleep because every time I close my eyes I would hear a little creak. Like if someone was about to break in and take me. Alec must have noticed too. "Hey." He slowly spun me around. "I've got this place heavily guarded. Stark won't to able to set foot in this Institute."

"That doesn't mean he won't try."

Alec noticed the bags under my eyes. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

I shook my head. "I couldn't. I thought if I slept then Stark would bust his way in here and take me...or kill you." I tried to lighten up the mood a bit. "Not even your adorable little snores could help me."

Alec scoffed but smiled anyway. "I don't snore."

I closed my eyes and mimicked Alec snoring. I chuckled a little after. "At least yours isn't worse than Jace."

"Right."

I laughed again as I wrapped my arms around his neck before I became serious again. "Do you know what you're going to do about the Clave?"

He sighed. He wrapped his arms around me again. "I'm torn. If I don't tell the Clave about Luke's attempt on Valentine's life, I'm in violation. If they find out, I could be de-runed."

A little pang in my chest started to hurt at the thought of Alec being de-runed. But then I have to remind myself that this is Alec. He's born to take leadership and with that comes hard decisions. And no matter what decision he makes I'll be there.

I gave him a small smile. "Whatever you decide, I'll stand by you." He smiled back before he leaned in and captured our lips together. I let out a happy sigh when we pulled apart and ran my hands up his shirtless chest. "And if you decide to do this shirtless, I wouldn't mind."

 "You wouldn't be in the same room as me," He pointed out with a little chuckle.

I gave him a little pout. He chuckled again before he brought his lips on mine.

》》》》

Alec's making the right call on this. We just have to wait for Jace and Izzy to tell them the news. I smiled at Sebastian when he came towards the table. 

"Hey, Sebastian, ready for tonight?" I asked.

He gave a little nod. "I heard that they have really good nachos down at the cinema."

Alec raised his eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

I shook my head frantically. "No, no, no. It's not how it sounds. Sebastian and I are just going to the movies." I winced as I just heard my own words come out. Alec crossed his arms while glancing at me and Sebastian. "I mean, Sebastian and I are just hanging out as friends."

Sebastian nodded in agreement. "Just as friends. This is Sam's way of saying thank you and this is my chance of getting to know her. And -" Alec started to chuckle. "And you were just messing with us."

I slapped Alec's arm. "I thought you were being serious."

He held one of his hands up. "Sorry, I'm just use to you with either us or Magnus. I wanted to see what you would do."