How Are Thou Fallen

This entire morning was nothing but Jace talking to me. Wait, not talk. More like annoy. That's what he's been doing since he got here. Trying to get me to come to my senses. Hello, I am.

So, I really didn't pay attention to anything he's saying. I just threw the ball at the wall before catching it.

"Did you hear me, Sam?" He asked.

I caught the ball in my hand before asking innocently, "Did you say something? And is it worth repeating?"

He sighed. I could tell he's getting irritated, good. I mean, I've been a bad brother, I should have taken care of you, I should have dragged you with us..whomp, whomp, whomp, whomp. That's all I'm hearing now.

"What's Valentine's next plan?"

"You keep asking me questions like I'm going to answer them." I rather have Magnus here.

"And I don't mind waiting. You're stuck in there while I'm out here. I could wait all day if I have to." He smirked at the last one.

You know what, two could play this game. "How's Clarissa? She seemed to be in a hurry last time she came." I could see him tense. "It must suck, doesn't it. Falling in love with our sister."

"I'm not talking about this."

I ignored him, "I mean, that is just a bitch slap to the face. That urge you get when you're near her." I clicked my tongue as I tilt my head to the side. "Too bad whatever chances you have with her are over. I wouldn't peg you as someone to fall for a whiny brat."

He glared at me, "If I knew this isn't really you talking -"

I snort, "Sure, keep making excuses for me. God, you, Izzy, and Alec have that annoying trait. I could burn down Nottingham and you'd defend me."

"If you won't tell me where Valentine's hiding, then tell me where I can find Stark."

"No can do. See you and I aren't really simpatico at the moment, so if you think I'm letting you hurt my friend -"

Jace face turned red before he stood up, "Stark is not your friend! He's using you. Have you forgotten the time that he tortured you? Not once, twice!"

I got up. I can't let him talk about Stark that way. "Are you forgetting that he helped saved your life when that bitch tried to kill you?"

He crossed his arms, "And are you forgetting why she tried to kill me? For kidnapping Gretel, they think I killed her."

"Of course not, you idiot. I did. I even tried to confess but Stark took the credit."

"You think killing innocent Downworlders is something to be proud of?"

I smiled, "Of course it is. They deserved it. They all do."

"So Raphael deserves it? Magnus?"

"No, duh. Rapha's been a vampire for a long time. He killed mundanes before. Magnus. He's older than Rapha, he can't be good all the time. There's darkness in everyone."

Jace stepped closer to the cage, "That is not true. We've met a lot of Downworlders who've fought against their instincts."

"Whatever, they'll give in eventually."

"Sam, tell me where Stark is."

"No." I said while crossing my arms.

A smirk reappeared on Jace's face, "I know what will get you talk."

No. He. Wouldn't. "Don't you dare."

He send a little wave before getting his jacket, "I hope Magnus left some noise canceling earplugs. You're going to need it."