17.) Draco

I smile when I see Dylan. She's trying to knock Snape off his feet. I want to shove her against the wall and kiss her, and never let go.

"Concentrate, Hills!" He yells.

"I'm trying! Lay off!"

She's the only one who can get away with talking to him that way.

Seeing her battle makes her sexier. It helps that she can wear her jeans and her trademark tanktops instead of the uniform. Dumbledore doesn't tell her she can't. Nobody else dares. The teachers and Dumbledore know who her father is. They don't mess with her.

"Deep breaths," he says, faking anger. "Push harder!"

Dylan's eyes turn a brilliant red, and her body relaxes.

Snape is thrown through a wall.

I watch as the color fades, and Dylan blinks.

Then she collapses.

I jump up and race to her. Her nose is bleeding, but she's breathing. Snape comes up, holding his arm tenderly.

"Take her to the hospital wing." To the class, he booms, "Class dismissed!"

I scoop Dyl up, and run. Snape stays behind.

Madam P has nothing to say. She doesn't understand, and sends me away. I just take Dyl back to Snape and exsplain.

"It's just what I have feared," Snape groans, leaning back. "She has tapped into the powers her father has always feared of. But they could be the death of her." He rubs his temples. "I tried to lock them away... I tried."

I nod. "She's defenately strong. I've never seen her eyes so.... blood red. Sometimes a light red tint...."

Snape sighs. "I guess you need the truth. Dylan is naturally a dark witch."

I groan this time. "Great. Is that why she hates using magic?"

"Yes."

I sigh, laying back with Dylan on my lap. I'm on the floor, with her curled on my lap. "This keeps getting better. Voldemort, rape, dark magic...."

"I'm not worth it, Draco."

I look down, and see Dylan's beautiful eyes watching me. She looks tired and scared.

"You are worth every breath that I spend thinking of you. You are worth more than you know."

"Dylan, how do you feel?" Snape asks, crowtching by my side.

Dyl looks at him instead, and sits up slowly. She's obviously in pain, but she won't let me help her. "Sore. Tired. I'm going to bed."

"Dylan, you finally met the prophacy. The Dark Lord is going to be after you."

She nods. "I noticed. I felt it, surging through me... I didn't need my wand..." She shivers. "I'm sorry, uncle."

"Don't apologize. But you have a choice to make. Are you going to run and hide, or are you going to fight your father?"

She blinks. "I have to think about it, Uncle. I'm scared... I have to really think."

I nod, helping her stand. "Let me get you to your room."

"Thank you."

"Dylan?" He says as I open the door for her.

"Huh?" She replies softly.

"I will always support you, and if you decide to hide, I will hide you myself and make sure nobody ever finds you."

Dylan smiles sadly. I can tell she already made her choice, and that isn't it. "Thank you, and I know you will."

I help her to her room, and lay with her. She crys softly for a short while, and then sleeps.

I guess I'm going to fight Voldemort for the love of my life.