goodbye

------------------------------------------
"well, babe, I guess this is goodbye, for now." I half smiled at my stunning boyfriend emery kelly who was standing across from me.

"b," he said using my nick name.

"b" Short for my name, Bailee.

"this isn't goodbye, bay" he said grabbing my hands.

"it's simply see ya later," he said looking away.

"it's not like your moving forever, it's just for summer. I'm gonna be waiting for you, I promise." he smiled.

"FaceTime, every night." I smiled.

"pinky promise?" he said.

"pinky promise." I smiled.

emery Kelly.

my boyfriend.

we've been dating for 10 months strong. we originally where best friends. we met in 6th grade and had an unbreakable bond since the day we met.

we just finished our junior year of high school. and he's yet to leave my side.

however, this summer my mom decided to take our small family -me, my older sister Kayla ,and my mother, heather.- to California.

miles away from our home in Littleton Colorado, and my everything.

my mom was 'talking' to a man there, and somehow convinced my sister to go to college right outside the town where this boy lived.

my dad left my family
when I was 12. we haven't seen him since.

but that was okay.

and my small little family was okay, too.

my sister Kayla is 18, and just graduated high school. where pretty close. and we could pass as twins.

she took the situation with my father horribly, because he was so close with my sister

shes been broken ever since.

I, I was closer with my mom.

it was just how it was

but ever since emery and I started dating we have been more distant, because she hates emery.

"Bailee, honey," my grandma said shaking me out of my thoughts.

"honey it's time to go," she said.

I fixed my outfit -black leggings, and a dark pink sweatshirt, with a messy bun.-

I took a deep breathe setting my last box in the back of our small grey car.

"I'm gonna miss you so freaking much emery Thomas Kelly." I said with a tear.

"b, b, I'm coming to visit. we'll make it two months." he said hugging me tightly.

I realized everyone was waiting for me.

my mom was in the car, as was Kayla.

"bye grandma, I'm gonna miss you." I said hugging her.

emery opened my car door and helped me in.

"see ya, b." he said before gently closing the door.

he put his head on the car window and I put mine there, too.

my mom pulled away, leaving me with memories.

I know it was only two months, but time has a funny way of changing things.

and for me, everything was perfect right now.

I posted this collage on Instagram:

two months start today that I have to spend without you by my side

I've never done this before.
ever since 6th grade I've had you with me.
but it's two months, babe.
I'll come back, I promise.
and I promise I won't ever forgot about you.
thanks for being the worlds best boyfriend & best friend. your an incredible support system. you always listen when I talk. you kiss me when I'm rambling. you spoil me to the core. you put a smile on my face. and for that, I'm ever so grateful. love you baby. ❤️

I played my Spotify playlist as the 12 hour drive began.

i looked at my phone to see and Instagram notification.

my best friend peyton had commented.

@peyton21: I'll miss you too.

It said.

I laughed.

Peyton Liz.

 she's been my sister since 4th grade

we've been threw every boyfriend together, every family problem, and everything in between.

I was grateful for her.

she was family.

I replied: I'll miss you more than you'd miss pancakes after you lost them ;) see ya soon dork.

my gosh did I love her.

"Bailee," Kayla shook me.

I opened my eyes, shocked.

it was pouring outside.

I had slept the whole car ride.