flight.

falling.
chapter 23.
flight.
-------------
we went through  security while I sipped my Starbucks.

we sat in the chairs and learned that the flight was delayed from 7, to 7:45 boarding.

basically, the plane was coming from Virginia but had to lay over in Kentucky because the plane broke down.

they where switching planes, then coming to Colorado.

we waited.

and waited.

and waited.

but it was finally 8 when boarding started.

the plane wasn't full.

so, emery and I sat together but an older lady sat with us.

the flight started and there was a lot of turbulence.

"Kayla texted me and said she was mad because I didn't come back. but I'm coming back, right now," I shrugged.

"well, kaylas only ever none being left, and let's be honest, same with your mom," emery said.

"yeah but she's my sister, I'm always gonna be with her, weather she likes it or not." I said.

"you've gotten lucky, every friend Kay had left. every boyfriend. her father. but you've had a good string group of friends that have been there since the beginning." emery said.

"and of course, the worlds best boyfriend and best friend," I added.

he smiled.

"I'm so glad she found this Brandon boy, he seems sweet." I smiled.

after our talking, the overhead said "we are experiencing major turbulence and will be landing in he Nevada airport where we will in bored and wait until we have an all clear to fly."

emery and I sighed.

"alex was waiting, we where gonna go to brunch," I sighed.

"I can't be late, I need to get to my daughter," the lady next to us said.

she put her head in her hands.

"is everything okay?" I asked her.

I was sitting next to her, not emery.

"well, you see, my daughter is in California waiting for me. she needs me to be there asap," the lady said.

I smiled.

"she's in the hospital," the lady added.

my smile faded.

"oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. is everything okay?" I asked.

"just a case of cancer, been there done that," the lady said as if it was nothing.

I looked at emery.

"may I ask how old she is?" I said.

"28, she just had her second daughter." the lady said.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"yeah, me too." the lady said.

"now who's this alex kid? because this ones your boyfriend right?" the lady said.

I smiled.

"yeah, this is my boyfriend emery, I'm Bailee by the way. alex is my best friend back home in California," I explained.

emery took his arm from around me when I said "back home."

I sighed.

"does Mr. Emery live in California?" The lady asked.