Chapter 12

______________
Don't forget to vote!
__________________

Climbing out of the cabinet, Hazels feet touched the cold stone floor. Peeking from the counter she looked around the room, her ears sharply listening for a sound. Making her way towards the couch, Hazel peeked over to see that no one was there.

She grabbed the green blanket and wrapped it around her frail body. Quickly making her way down the hallway, she froze whenever a floor board creeked. Opening a big wooden door she was lead into huge room.

Hazels mouth dropped open when she saw how beautiful and acient everything was. The floor had maple wood and some red carpet mixed in. Expensive future and old paintings made the room feel so creepy yet cool.

Walking slowly she made her way around the chairs to see a huge door. That was her way out, she would finally be free from this nightmare.

Running she went over to the door and pushed it using all of her strength, she was met with a windy storm and a musky atmosphere.

Wrapping the blanket around her she ran, ran until her legs were numb from the cold. What felt like hours of running she finally came to a stop, taking shelter inside a tiny cave. She sat there and watched the rain, she did it. She was out of the hell hole and was on her way back home. Back into the arms of her family and Nathan. Hazel cried, her hot tears staining her clothes and face. She was finally free from those ruthless killers.

~Three months later~

"Hazel! Are you listening?" My mind refocused on the face of a confused and annoyed Jen. "Sorry, I got distracted." I said, my eyes trailing back to the food that was infront of me. Jen sighed and gave me a concerned look, it's been three months since I've gotten away from the madness but my mind still wanders towards them.

My stomach grumbled and I stared at the burger infront of me. "You need to eat, you've gotten so thin." Jen commented as she dug into her salad. I slowly took a bite of my burger, my mind wandering back to the killers.

I was happy to be free, I really was but I just couldn't get them out of mind no matter what I did. Since I had gotten back I was shipped off to the hospital. The doctor had found that I had bruised ribs and minor cuts, Masky had done a good job on keeping me alive.

When I saw Jen and Amber I finally realized that this was real, I was finally safe. I started school a couple weeks later, going back was terrible. People wouldn't leave me alone, they kept asking me questions about the incident. Question after question I slowly started to tune everyone out.

My only friend was Nathan and I was perfectly fine with that. I didn't need anyone else nor do I think anyone else needed me. Around the school I was known as the retarded girl who got kidnapped by murders. Most people took it as a joke, as if it was all a lie to cover up something ridiculous like running away. Who knows, I learned to not give a single shit on what people spreaded.

"You ready to go?" Jen asked as she pulled my hair lightly. "Yeah." I mumbled as I got up slowly leaving the half eaten burger behind. "I was thinking we could go and watch a movie. The new movie Split just came out and I'm dying to see it. You wanna go?" Jen asked excitedly as we stepped out of the diner.

"Maybe next time, I need to go home and clear my head a bit. If that's okay." I said as pulled my hood up and brisked myself for windy rain. Running to the Jens truck we quickly got in. "I'll drop you off at Nathans then, Amber isn't home and I don't want you to be alone. If the police won't do anything, I will." Jen said sternly. "Jen.." I whispered, my heart ached as I remember the cops laughing at me.
"Fine.."