One

[CHAPTER ONE]

; HER TWO BEST FRIENDS

The two males rested on a grassy hill, staring at the Capital, Seorabeol, from afar. One had a fresh and bloody cut which he received moments ago from earlier today; he hissed in pain when his fingers came in touch with the wound.

"Still a weakling I see. Can't seem to win your battles yet huh? " A deep but feminine voice spoke from the side.

The two males turned their heads and one of them instantly grinned brightly. "You're back!"

"Of course I am, I said I'd visit," She leaned against the tree with her arms crossed, her sword hanging on the side of her waist.

"How's your family doing?" The same male asked.

"Glad to see that you're concerned about my personal life, Moon." The other male looked over at her with annoyance when she responded with the direct comment towards him.

"What? Are you still mad at me?" The female asked mockingly as the male rolled his eyes.

"I still don't know what you look like and you still wouldn't show me. Don't we trust each other?"

"Yeah but I just don't feel like it yet." The female shrugged. Mak Moon laughed. "Suji is very beautiful, you're missing out~"

"Why does he get to know what you look like while I don't? That's unfair."

"I've known Mak Moon since we were young. Our parents were best friends and neighbours so I had to see his face everyday meaning he saw mine as well."

"Yeah but you've started to cover your face when you got older so you've probably worn that mask since 9 years ago meaning that you look different,"

"Different? How so?"

Moo Myung seemed caught off guard at first, not knowing what to respond. "Y-Y'know, more matured and stuff."

Suji just chuckled.

"I'll show myself to you soon, be patient. I just haven't known you long."

"That's a lie! I've known you for years!" Moo Myung shouted at her making her shake her head slightly.

"Patience. Oh and they're doing fine, Moon. I have to head back soon too, can't leave them alone for long." Suji sighed as she brushed off her arm, standing straight. Mak Moon looked over at her with a sad look on his face.

"How's my family doing?"

Suji stopped brushing her arm and looked at him. She stayed quiet for a moment before clearing her throat.

"They're doing fine. Your sister has become very beautiful and very sensitive." Suji chuckled at the last part.

"Will you meet us tomorrow?" Mak Moon asked hesitantly and Suji shrugged.

"Depends. You guys finally planning to sneak in? If so, find me and we'll see what happens."

Suji adjusted her sword, about to leave. She turned to them and waved.

"See you boys soon."

"Bye Fearless Warrior!" Mak Moon waved cheekily as Suji stared at him blankly.

"Don't call me that."

Mak Moon simply laughed. "We may see you tomorrow,"

"I see. It was nice seeing you two again."

Mak Moon sighed and called out. "I miss you all.."

"They miss you too. Your sister will be very surprised to see you again, I'll see you two soon." Suji finished at last and then took off.

"Your family doesn't know that Suji visits us?" Moo Myung asked Mak Moon who shook his head.

"I didn't want her to tell them."

"Why?"

"I can't cause any trouble for my family."

"Oh, I see. Hey, why did you call her 'Fearless Warrior'?" Moo Myung asked as the two watched Suji grow farther from them. She walked at a quick pace and soon enough, she disappeared from their eyesight.

"She's known as the Fearless Warrior in the Capital. People don't know how she looks like but when she wears her mask and goes around town like that, people call her that. She fights the bad since her family has a lot of enemies, and she does it for money to support her family. She's like you with the nicknames like Dog-Bird but hers is cooler." Mak Moon explained. As soon as he heard the last part Moo Myung slapped his head.

"Oh shut it. I can't believe she tells you these things instead of me."

"She's just playing around with you." Mak Moon laughed making Moo Myung scoffed and looked away.

i start school tomorrow and i'm pretty sure i have a math test of some sort but i literally forgot what happened during my break..

—fathercoups