26

It was early in the morning and Master We Hwa was already training the Hwarang men.

Ji Dwi's eyebrows shot up in surprise when he noticed a familiar figure walk up behind the instructor. The old man noticed the familiar male and smiled,

"Jun, son, how are you kiddo?"

"I'm fine, how about you, Master We Hwa?" Jun bowed respectfully as the old man chuckled,

"I'm doing well—"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Suji questioned as the female walked in, immediately noticing her friend.

"I asked to join as an instructor for the Hwarang to spend more time with you!"

Suji smacked him across the head. Although it's only been a week or so since the two reunited, they acted as if they hadn't been separated and had been in contact since young.

"Entering Hwarang is a death wish! You'll get hurt!" Suji snapped.

Jun pouted, "How else am I supposed to protect you?"

"I don't need protecting."

"Yes you do. Let me be the man in the friendship for once, please."

Master We Hwa chuckled,

"Calm down Suji. Since the Queen needs all of the skills and techniques in order for the Hwarang men to become stronger, his father volunteered Jun. Don't worry, he asked Jun for his permission and the boy said yes."

Suji narrowed her eyes,

"What can this kid do?"

Jun scoffed, "For your information, I studied in Wushu at a very young age. I can teach these men skills from China."

"I'm probably more skillful than you and I didn't even do special training."

Jun simply shook his head, "You may have better speed and strategies but I have muscle and skills."

"And your point is?"

"Now, now, kids, how about we teach the men some new things?" Master We Hwa suggested, grinning mischievously.

-

"As you all may have heard, Jun here is going to be a helper in the Hwarang House, just like Suji here." Master We Hwa announced as the men nodded.

"We'll be having a spar between the two."

Suji's and Jun's head snapped up,

"What? Why?" The two both exclaimed as they looked at each other.

"You don't have to actually fight, just whoever can keep the opponent on the ground for 10 seconds. The Hwarang men will be watching you both to watch your techniques and learn from them."

The two seemed hesitant.

"Is there a problem?" The man asked.

"I only fight enemies." Suji spoke. Master We Hwa understood and glanced at Jun questioningly.

"I just don't wanna hurt Suji." Jun shrugged.