Fourteen

[CHAPTER FOURTEEN]

; BE PREPARED

"Is Tae Oh asleep yet?" Suji asked her sister as Soo entered the dark living room and closed the door behind her. A candle was lit in the centre of the circle and there sat Suji, Eunha, Minjae, Jihan and Jihun in a circle, a empty spot in between the twins.

Soo took a seat in between the twins and nodded, "Yes he is."

"Good." Suji said as she took out the threatening note they received days ago.

"This looks like some cult stuff," Jihan whispered to Minjae and Eunha quickly shushed him with a quick glare.

"I believe that something bad will occur soon and we need to be ready for it." Suji announced, handing the note around the circle for her siblings to observe.

"I didn't think we'd finally reveal ourselves now, I was expecting it to happen later on.." Soo trailed off as Suji nodded.

"I'm quite surprised as well.. It seems that they're working faster than we thought."

"So, what do we do?" Jihun asked, glancing in between his three older siblings.

Jihan was born a minute first, making Jihan the older twin and Jihun the younger twin.

"Suji has been thinking of a plan ever since that day.. Is the plan ready and finished?" Jihan questioned, looking at Suji.

The female nodded. She began to explain the entire procedure, the plan she has been preparing for six years now. She slowly explained detail by detail of how the events were going to unfold and what they had to do in order for the events to roll out smoothly. She told them how to act when it happened as well.

"All we need to do is to take action when it happens. Since it must be a surprise attack, we must be on our toes at all times," she started, the others listening attentively,

"When the plan finally starts, we must make it look real. Also, with the unpredictable future, things may change unintentionally but we have to stick to the original intention of this plan at all times."

The others nodded, silently listening to their eldest sister.

"What about Inseong?" Eunha asked, remembering her older brother.

"I'll send a letter to him tomorrow morning to tell him to stay out there longer so it'll make things look more believable. In the meantime, pack whatever is important and place it by the front door while I write the letter to him."

Everyone nodded.

"Any questions?"

"When do you think it'll happen?" Jihan asked, his eyes staring intently at the flame.

"I estimate that it will happen in a week or two."

"So if this plan succeeds, we'll finally go back to our normal lives?" Eunha asked softly, smiling at the thought of how good their lives was before the incident.

Everyone stayed quiet at that, thinking of their happy past, even though it didn't last long.

"Yes Eunha, that's why I've been planning for years for this moment. We'll all get the happiness we deserve and take back what they stole from us, take back what's ours." Suji gave a soft smile, ruffling her sister's hair.

The rest smiled at the thought and were grateful for their older sister's hard work and love.

"As of right now, we have no power which is why we have to live our life in this condition."

Everyone nodded. When Suji realized that there were no more questions, she clapped her hands together.

"Okay, now head to bed now." Suji ordered, the rest nodding and standing up.

"Oh, and Minjae?" Minjae stopped himself from heading to his shared room with Inseong and glanced at his oldest sister.

"Yes Suji?"

"I hope this isn't too overwhelming for you. I apologize for the sudden events that are going to take place soon and the huge amount information that you had to take in. Stay strong and you and Tae Oh can live your childhoods peacefully." Suji spoke with sorrow but Minjae broke out into a grin.

"Of course, I've been looking forward to that for a while now. Plus, I may be 10 but I'm smarter than my actual age. I'm a Choi after all."

"That's my boy." Suji smirked as Minjae left to go to sleep.

Suji sighed and just stared at the letter.

"You better be ready because when we take action, you don't know what's coming your way." Suji chuckled darkly.

***

Everybody had packed their bags and were ready to leave when the time came — which was unknown to them. Suji already sent the letter late last night and received it back from Inseong during the late afternoon. He replied:

I see. Stay safe and I'll be back before you all know it. I found some goods that you guys will like.

-Inseong, your handsome brother.

Of course, Suji rolled her eyes with a smile at the last part.

The day went by quick and it was already night. Suji's area was quiet since it was so late at night. The only sounds that were heard were the loud crickets by the river they were at. The siblings all slept peacefully, tired from all of the packing and preparations and such.

Suddenly, Suji woke up with a start. She blinked at the darkness, trying to adjust to her surroundings but her eyes were still blurry and droopy. She caught sight of her siblings sleeping and sighed in relief.

But something was off and she felt it immediately. She got out of bed and walked out of her shared room cautiously. She entered the living room slowly, taking tiny steps.

When her sleepy state adjusted properly to her surroundings, her eyes suddenly widen at the scene in front of her and she instantly started to yell out in panic.

just to make myself clear since i wasn't last chapter lol,,

chapter 8 is going to be split up meaning that the next few chapters are going to be all separate days and then it'll continue with the other half of episode 8 (which will take place as a week or so later)

—fathercoups