Two

[CHAPTER TWO]

; IN THE CAPITAL

; IN THE CAPITAL

"You two look nice for once." A voice spoke behind the two males and they turned around instantly.

"Suji!" Mak Moon grinned.

Moo Myung took the opportunity to lean down towards Suji but she shoved him away instantly. She pushed down her sedge hat to make sure her face was well hidden and secure.

"Don't look at me."

"Why are you wearing the hat then?"

"Just because I don't have my mask on doesn't mean I'm revealing myself to you. I just don't want to be seen as the 'Fearless Warrior' at the moment."

"Fine. Be that way." Moo Myung grumbled as Mak Moon laughed. He threw an arm around her shoulder in a friendly matter.

"You don't have to be insecure about your looks Suji, you look great. Probably not as great as my sister though."

"Just can't stop praising your sister huh? Plus, I just don't like people staring at me, it makes me uncomfortable."

"You're that good looking?" Moo Myung asked in disbelief and Suji scoffed at his low expectations. The three continued to walk down the busy streets.

"When did you guys arrive?" Suji asked as she pushed her sedge hat down further when she noticed Moo Myung attempting to take a peek of her face again.

"Last night, around the morning. You wouldn't believe it.. They actually take the heads of trespassers!" Mak Moon exclaimed, shuddering at last night's event. Suji snorted under her hat.

"Of course. Then they hang it like flags, right? I'm glad you both made it out alive. Let me guess, you saved the both of you?" Suji asked Moo Myung with clear confidence as he broke into a quick smile.

"The guy wouldn't stop screaming about the heads."

"You're such a loser Moon," Suji sighed while shaking her head.

"How can you not scream when seeing heads only hanging from a pole?"

"I understand if you scream at first but screaming for a whole minute is not. Wouldn't you have calmed down? You'd still be frightened but screaming won't make the heads alive again." Moo Myung countered back making Suji snicker.

"Well, I've gotta run and get some food for the kids. Do you guys need my help with anything firstly? Like a place to stay?"

"No, we're fine. Do you still live beside my family?" Mak Moon asked and Suji shook her head.

"Had to move ever since.." Suji trailed off as the two males nodded with pity.

"I have been in contact with your family recently but I do not remember where they live. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Dog-Bird and I can find them ourselves, we don't want to trouble you."

"Are you sure? Because I can help—"

"Go take care of your family." Mak Moon ordered and Suji rolled her eyes.

"Sorry for being nice for once. I'll catch you two later." And with that, Suji wandered off.

***

"I think.. I think I saw the King." Mak Moon blurted out.

Moo Myung raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't lie."

"I swear I did! That man said 'Your Majesty'!"

"You probably misheard—" Moo Myung stopped talking as soon as he heard knocking on the wooden door. He was on his guard but instantly loosen up at the familiar voice.

"Guys? It's Suji,"

The door opened to reveal Suji with her mask and a wrapped cloth in her hand.

"I cooked steamed pork buns for you fools,"

The two instantly sat up as Suji opened the cloth neatly. Inside the cloth revealed multiple large steamed buns.

"Thank you Suji!" Mak Mook thanked as he began stuff himself with the freshly homemade buns. Suji just sat against the door, staring at the two feast on the buns.

"So, what have you guys been up to? Anything important that I should know in order to help you two out?"

"Dog-Bird exposed this cheater at a gambling game,"

"And?" She knew there was more.

"We had to run away from them."

"Good job Dog-Bird. Such trouble eh?"

Moo Myung just ate quietly as Suji stood up. Her eyes casted them an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for staying for a short period of time but I've got to go home to my family."

"We completely understand, we're quite thankful for you to take time to visit us." Moo Myung spoke with sincerity and Suji chuckled.

"I have to take care of you two as well. You guys are my friends, well, mostly Moon since he knows how I look like," Moo Myung wore a sour expression at her teasing while Mak Moon laughed.

"I'm just messing with you," She chuckled. "Anyway, I'll see you two tomorrow."

"Thank you for the steamed buns!" Mak Mook shouted as Suji left.

The two continued to finish the steamed buns, forgetting to inform Suji about Mak Moon seeing the King.

oh no, they didn't tell suji about mak moon seeing the king..

—fathercoups