Eleven

[CHAPTER ELEVEN]

; MYSTERIOUS SENDERS

"See you soon? What does that mean? Do you have any idea of who sent this to you?" Ah Ro bombarded the girl question by question and she sighed stressfully.

"I don't know.. I'm worried.." she took a large gulp of her tea and rubbed her temples.

Ah Ro and Soo Yeon were probably the only ones who knew the most of what was going on with Suji's life. That's how much Suji trusted the two.

"Why is there a drawing of a fish? Why is it cut off halfway?" Soo Yeon wondered. She stared at the drawing with intensity.

"The fish gives me a familiar vibe but I don't know what, where and why.. It's definitely not a bad vibe though.." Suji trailed off as she traced the drawing with her finger.

"Would you like me to report this? I'll tell Sun Woo to keep an eye out when I see him—"

Suji instantly shook her head. "No. He's a Hwarang, I can't put any more pressure on him."

The three best friends were conflicted. Ah Ro and Soo Yeon deeply concerned for Suji while Suji was just plain nervous.

"I need you guys to promise me something.." Suji started slowly, making the two girls lean forward.

"If anything happens, please save my family."

"What about you?" Soo Yeon's eyes held worry. Suji picked up the paper and folded it. She held up the folded letter, staring at it.

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this."

***

"Soo Yeon." Someone called as the female looked over to who called her.

"Oh! Suji!" Soo Yeon smiled happily when she spotted the female. Suji took a seat and poured herself a cup of tea.

"Why are you alone?"

"Ah Ro was called to go to the Hwarang House as a doctor. She just left 10 minutes ago which leaves me alone." Soo Yeon pouted And Suji chuckled.

"Poor you—wait, the Hwarang House?"

"Yeah, that's what the man said,"

"I wonder what's going on in there.. Probably a lot of fighting. Men." Suji shook her head, sighing as she took a sip of the tea.

Soo Yeon laughed.

***

Suji entered her house to be greeted by Tae Oh running quickly to her.

"Suji! Come quick!"

Suji followed the little boy into the living room where all of her siblings were gathered.

"What's the matter?" Suji asked slowly. She noticed the serious looks on their faces.

"We received this letter," Soo handed the letter to her older sister and Suji grabbed the sealed paper. She stared at the folded paper, another one?

She opened it and slowly began to read it, taking in each word carefully. Suji gripped it tightly as she continued to read further. Her expression fell when she saw the symbol at the very bottom of the letter. A very familiar symbol. But the whole letter gave Suji a bad vibe unlike the other note she received last night.

"What do we do?" Minjae asked, worried as Suji lifted her head to meet the scared eyes of her family members.

"I don't think we're in huge danger but to be on the safe side, we'll stay low. Nobody is to go outside of the house alone after 4pm. When you want to go somewhere, you either go with the twins or I." Suji announced as the rest nodded.

Suji entered her shared room and put the letter away, rubbing her temples.

"Six years.. We hid. We've been a secret.. Are we finally going to reveal ourselves to you..?" Suji softly questioned as she stared at the necklace hidden underneath her robe. She sighed for what seemed to be the billionth time that day. She clutched the necklace tightly in her hand.

"We never died."

sorry for the short chapter~~

i pretty much skipped episode 6 since there wasn't much to write about that included suji.

—fathercoups