30

"They died on her birthday?" Ban Ryu asked quietly, glancing over at the young female, throwing her off guard for a bit since the male hasn't even said a single word since last night.

Soo nodded sadly, "Yes."

"That's horrible.." Soo Ho muttered, staring at the table, eyes filled with pity.

"As you know.. Huang Fu killed them, right?" Soo started, cautiously glancing at Jun,

The men nodded,

"Only a few people know that he killed our parents.. Everyone else believes that our parents just disappeared or died by random enemies."

"And who are those few people?" Ji Dwi questioned, noticing the girl's uneasiness,

"Our family, you guys.." Soo trailed off.

The males waited for her to continue as she sighed, shaking her head,

"T-That's all.. The officials and the Queen believe that they died by enemies who were jealous of us. They know who Huang Fu and how he loved our mother but when he left Silla and went back to China, they think he left because he was just depressed about our mother's death.."

"Why don't you just tell the Queen that he was responsible for their death so he could be taken to jail?" Soo Ho questioned as Jihan laughed bitterly,

"It's not that easy buddy, we need proof that he was the one who killed them. You really think they're going to believe us when we tell them? Which is 6 years later?" The twin spat as Jihun glared at him for his attitude.

Inseong slapped his little brother across the head, shaking his head, "Sorry, he has a short temper."

Soo Ho just nodded, knowing that it must've been hard on the child since his parents died when he was very young.

Jun stood up and just left. The other males watched as he left silently. He didn't want to be there. He knew what happened.

Soo cleared her throat and looked at her brothers, "What exactly did you tell them?"

"We just told them how they died and what Suji had to witness." Inseong spoke quietly, not wanting the other men around them to hear.

"There's more?" Yeo Wool questioned, raising his eyebrow,

Soo sighed softly, "Not really. Since you know so much already, here's the full story,"

The three walked down the streets, Suji walking in between her father and mother. They were out, taking Suji somewhere to show her something important.

11 year old, Suji walked with her parents. She had a huge smile on her face, happy that she was finally turning 12. She loved whenever her family celebrated birthdays, they were always so fun and happy.

Suji's younger siblings were currently being taken care of by their maids. They were all sleeping so the parents decided to quickly take Suji out and give her a gift that was extremely important.

The three ended up by a forest as they all kneeled down around a certain spot in the ground.

"Ji.. Since you are so responsible and trustworthy, for your birthday gift, we decided to gift you with this very special item."