41

"Do you fear Master Young Shil that much?" He heard Ban Ryu ask his father,

"You.. I am doing all this for you."

"If this works out well, Master Young Shil will use you for a big cause."

He peeked over to see the father and son having an intense stare down,

"How can you be so foolish while something big is right in front of you?"

He chuckled under his breath, "She was right.. Always knew that old man was up to no good.."

-

"What do you mean the drums are broken?!" Soo exclaimed.

"It means the drums are broken." Inseong responded, giving Soo an obvious look. Soo's lips twitched slightly downwards as she slapped her older brother across the head,

"We need to fix this! They'll be performing soon!" Soo panicked, eyes wide.

"Don't worry, we're going first." Jihan reassured as Soo's expression turned even more worried,

"You need the drums for your performance too!"

"Oh.." Jihan trailed off, his expression dropping,

"Don't worry.." Sun Woo reassured, looking over at Master Woo Reuk, "That old man knows what to do."

"Hey.. Where's Suji?" Hansung suddenly brought up, his eyes searching for the female.

-

"You were right." He started, entering the tent.

She glanced over, "What did he say?"

"He's the cause of the broken instruments. Apparently he's going to use Ban Ryu for a big cause.."

She chuckled, shaking her head, "Guess we know whose side we're on now. Play along, I'll confront her later."

-

Everyone cheered as the six males finished with their final pose. As soon as everyone was getting ready to leave, Soo Yeon ran onto the stage,

"Wait!"

Everyone stopped and stared at her.

She cleared her throat, flustered at the watching eyes.

"U-Uh! We actually have one more performance! This was the Queen's request!" The people began to sit back down as the Hwarang men glanced over to see a small smile on the Queen's face.

"To start off, the backstory of this song is about two young warriors. Male and female. They were gathered by their friends to play a piece for a festival. They did not know each other but that night had sparked something in them both." Soo Yeon explained quickly, wanting to keep it quick and simple as she was asked to, her eyes sparkling as a few men carried up a guzheng onto the stage with a stool behind it. They then placed another stool beside it with a erhu leaning against it.

"The male couldn't help but fall in love with his unknown partner. Few years later, they got together and had children. We have two young warriors that are going to play this song for us. May I welcome on stage, Wen Junhui and Choi Suji."

Everyone cheered as the ones who knew the two were surprised.

"Suji is performing?" Hansung whispered to the others, eyes wide with cluelessness.