Chapter 6: Diva in distress

Chelbell2016:

Well next chapter. As Kira and Courtney have been friends for so long and both sing, Courtney will also know and now dislike Kylee styles.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

Me and Kira are singing on stage. The other rangers including my dad are sitting at a table watching us with smiles on their faces, nodding there heads to the beat of the music. We start to notice that no one is paying attention to our singing and all the noises are getting to us. By the end of the song we are feel pretty low about ourselves. We finish up our song and leave the stage.

''Hey guys that was awesome,'' Conner said when we arrived at the table where they were sitting. ''Is that something new?'' He asked us looking from one to the other.

''Yeah, Kira wrote it and we're still working on the hook.'' I told the red ranger.

''Well I think there's something there.'' Kira told all of us and I nodded.

''Im telling you guys,'' Ethan looked at us both. ''If this superhero gig doesn't work out, you two definitely have a musical career to fall back on.'' We give him a half smile.

''It's kind of hard to have a musical career,'' Kira began as Trent came to our table with a drink for us both. ''When you can't even get anyone listen to you play.'' She said and I nodded my head i agreement.

Trent looks up at us and speaks to Kira while glancing every now and then at me. ''Well I was listening and I think you guys rock.'' I smile at him. We had become pretty close friends practically like brother and sister since we both had started to work here. Kira also gives him a small smile.

Kira glances at a drawing that he is doing. ''What are you working on?'' She asks him.

''No,'' he told her covering his drawing. ''Not till it's done.''

''Fine,'' Kira told him nodding. Me and Kira turned to my dad as he began to speak.

''Nobody appreciates good music anymore,'' he told us. ''All you hear on the radio, is that pop garbage.''

''Yeah like what's her name?'' Hayley said. ''Kylee styles.''

Me and Kira both sighed. Why did they have to bring her up.

''Hey,'' Conner says folding his arms across his chest. ''Kylee styles has some good music Dr O.''

Dr O looks disgusted. Leanne shakes her head in disagreement but says nothing.

''Translation- he thinks she's fine,'' Ethan tells us.

''No I don't,'' Conner begins trying not to smile. He changes direction when Ethan nods his head. ''Okay, yeah I do, but that has nothing to do with it.''

''You know,'' Kira began and we glanced at each other. ''She used to be a good songwriter.''

''Yeah she was also really sweet,'' I continued and the others stared at us. ''But now she's all about the image.''

''You say that like you three are friends,'' Ethan says a little confused.

''We used to be,'' Kira told them and everyone including Leanne looked at us in disbelief.

''What? It's true,'' I tell them feeling a little hurt that they don't believe us. ''We were all in a band together.''

''Then she got discovered by this agent,'' Kira continued the story. ''And now she's this huge pop diva.''