Chapter 21: House of cards

Chelbell2016:

Okay next chapter and I know there's only like three chapters after this. I have gone to this one as I want to hurry up and get to mystic force.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

We are all sat at the school and I am going over my notes for classes.

"Ooh enchantment spell!" Ethan said from not too far behind me. "Now your trolls are under my command!"

He was playing some sort of card game with Devin and it was annoying the rest of us.

"Counter spell bro! sorry," I wanted to just snatch them of the two of them right now. "Now the release thing can be set loose on your castle!"

"Ooh magic arrow card!" Ethan said next. "Now my archers can hit five of your warriors with one shot."

"Oh not if my warriors are wearing enchanted Armour," Devin shoots back. "Thank you very much."

"This is so completely lame," Cassidy says and I nod my head in agreement.

"For once I actually agree with you Cassidy," Kira says looking to the two guys.

"You guys just don't understand," Ethan tells us. "Cause you've never experienced dragon war played to it's full potential."

"Dragon war," I say raising an eyebrow. "Isn't that a kids game?"

Ethan looks at me annoyed.

"No it's not," Devin defended. "The intelligence and concentration that it takes to play this game is more than what most people can comprehend."

"Oh really," Cassidy says with a fake smile. "That must be why my six- year- old brother is so into it."

I laugh at that.

"Besides," Kira says. "You know Randall will freak if she catches you."

"As it is against school rules to play cards," I remind the two of them.

"Dude," Devin says to Ethan ignoring us. "Can we get back to the game? I believe I was about to charge your castle!"

He places a card down on a pile and I share a look with Kira. Ethan goes wide-eyed as he glances back at his cards.

"No way," he says looking up at Devin. "It can't be."

"What?" Devin says. "What is it?"

"Ruby dragon card," Ethan said like it was a trophy that he was holding. The card showed a ruby red dragon.

Devin also goes wide eyed and looks crest-fallen.

"No," he says shaking his head slightly. "No way that's impossible!"

"What's a ruby dragon card?" Kira asked pretending to be interested.

"The rarest and most powerful card of all," Ethan said still holding the card and looking as if this is his life's dream. "Nothing can beat it."

I roll my eyes at Devin's face.

"No way man I quit," Devin says shaking his head again as he places his cards down. "Game over you win."

"See?" Ethan says cheerfully.

"Hmm you know," A voice says and we all look around to see Principal Randall approaching us. "Sometimes my job is just too easy."

"Principal Randall," Ethan says trying to suck up to her. "You are looking especially lovely today!"

"Mr James," she says looking a little annoyed. "If your friend Mr McKnight can't pull that off then what makes you think you can?"