Chapter 16: A star is torn

Chelbell2016:

Next chapter for you. I am going to do a few more chapters and then it is on to mystic force.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

Me and Hayley were preparing to do a simulation for my new zord.

"All right," she said turning her chair to face me. "You ready Courtney?"

"Yeah ready," I told her putting my hands over the shield of triumph preparing to begin practise.

Hayley turns to the computers and presses a few buttons.

"Try the controls," she tells me.

I put my hand above a yellow circle which controls things and I take a deep breath, "Okay."

She presses a few more buttons and then speaks again.

"Initiating simulation!" She tells me.

As the simulation begins I feel a jolt of electricity go throughout my body and orange and red electricity went all over me. I feel really weird.

"Hayley," I say trying to get her attention. "Can we stop... please?"

I hear her gasp.

"Shutting down!" She exclaims.

As I feel a little tingly when the electricity finally stops going through me, I hear a voice say my name from behind me.

"Hey Courtney," Kira's voice says. "Are you there? It's Kira."

"Hey Kira," Hayley replies for me. "Unfourtanetly she's a little... fried right now. Are you all right?"

"Yeah I'm fine," Kira tells her. "I just wanted to tell her that-"

"Can we call you back?" Hayley requests. "We're working on the control program for the new assault vehicle."

"Oh yeah sure," she said. "What about Conner, Leanne or Ethan? Are they around?"

"Conner and Leanne have gone to the movies," I told her.

"And as for me," Ethan said from the corner where he was sitting on a computer. "Can you tell her, unless she's getting attacked by something green and scaly, send me an E-mail?"

"Did you hear that?" Hayley asked turning back to Kira.

"Yeah I heard," Kira says and I thought I heard an edge of disappointment to her voice.

"And Ethan's right," Hayley reminded her. "Unless it's an emergency, we should keep the communication frequency clear."

"Okay I'm sorry," Kira apologises. "I'll just talk to you guys later."

Hayley turns to Ethan as the communication ends.

"What are you doing over there that's so important anyway?" She asked the blue ranger.

"Searching the web for my soul mate," he told her excitedly.

"I wanted to roll my eyes at him when he said this.

"Uh Ethan," I said as I try to get over the waves of electricity that had run throughout my body. "If you need any hep with girls you should ask Conner. He always offers."

"I'm looking for something a little deeper than he's used to Courtney," he says as he glances at me and then for some reason he is trying not to laugh. "And, by the way, nice look."

I looked at Hayley a little confused.

"What?" I asked her and she looked a little nervous as she glanced at me. "What's he talking about Hayley?"