Chapter 22: A test of trust

Chelbell2016:

Ok next chapter for you and please tell me what you think. I like the way this episode has turned out to say I wasn't too sure I was going to do it at first. I hope you all like it as much as I did. Trent's situation in this episode reminds me of something else that is why I did it this way.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

I am at the Dino lab with everyone except for Trent and everyone else is really angry.

"I always knew Mercer weren't exactly PTA material," Ethan said from where he was stood. "But Mesagog? that's whack!"

"I'll tell you what's whack," Conner said as he paced up and down. "Trent not telling us. That's whack!"

I sighed and glanced over to my dad and then back at Conner I could see he wasn't happy himself.

"Look I'm as mad about this as you guys are!" Kira said.

"But don't you think we at least owe Trent a chance to explain?" I ask. "I mean there may be a reasonable explanation for this."

"Well I hope there is," dad says with his arms folded. "Because if not, then I have no choice but to ask Trent to surrender his morpher!"

He goes to leave.

"DAD wait!" I tell him and he pauses. "Let me go and talk to him."

He looks as if he's going to argue. But then he nods instead and I leave.

I leave and sense where Trent is and flame there. He is sitting down looking really upset.

"Hey Trent," I say approaching and he sighs. "How you doing?"

"Ok I guess," he replied. "I never meant for you guys to find out this way!"

We both got up silently and began to take a walk around the park. It was a nice quite day.

"Ok," I began finally. "I kind of get why you did it! But you know you could have told us right?"

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I know Courtney," he said and I could see that he truly looked guilty. "I just didn't know how to tell you!"

"Did I ever tell you about the time I hid something from my old team?" I asked him.

"No you didn't," he replied shocked.

"It was after I had first used the shield!" I told him. "Sensei Watanabee had told me I was not allowed to use it as it drained me of too much power. I didn't listen and started going to my old academy grounds to practise. A week or two later they found out!"

"What happened?" He asked wide eyed. "What did they do?"

"They confiscated my morpher," I said and he looked really shocked. "I had begun to accept that I was no longer a ranger. And then my dad was kidnapped!"

"Kidnapped?" he said. "How did you save him?"

I turned fully and stood in front of him so he was facing me.

"I went back to my team and I asked them to help me find him and then I would leave!" I informed him remembering it as if it was yesterday. "And after the battle and I had helped them they asked me to return which I did. And not one did I regret returning. As long as I was truthful!"

I could see that he was thinking a lot about what I had said.

"You're right!" he said to me. "If I had just been truthful then they wouldn't be like this!"