Chapter 23: Thunderstruck part 1

Chapter 23: Thunder struck part 1

Chelbell2016:

Well part one of the last three episodes. Please tell me what you think.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

I am at the Cyber Café with Leanne.

"So let me get this straight," I heard Conner say as he entered I looked up. "You're going to the movies, instead of the biggest social event of the year?"

"It's not just a movie," Ethan replied. "It's the sequel to asteroid conquest. The greatest sci-fi movie of all time!"

"Dude it's the prom!" Conner said to him. "It's tradition!"

"Oh yeah nice tradition," Ethan said and I glanced at Kira and Leanne. "The smart kids spend the entire semester in agony, wondering if they'll get a date! Or if they'll be forced to sit in a corner with the other smart kids. It's too painful bro."

"Whoa I never thought about it like that!" Conner stated.

"Who are you going with?" Ethan asked.

Both Conner and Leanne blushed.

"Well I used to have it divided into three categories, the cute ones, the ones with good personality and ones whose dad can ride the limo!" he then glanced at my adopted sister. "But now I am going with the girl who is just right for me."

Leanne blushes again and I am shocked.

'You two' I mouth at her and she nods.

"And this is why I am going to the movies," Ethan said and I giggled.

Kira comes to sit with us when she spots where we are.

"Hey," she says to us.

"Hey Kira," we all reply.

I am sat thinking about how I am not going to prom when all of a sudden Conner taps me on the shoulder.

"So Courtney who you going with?" Ethan asked.

"Well me and Kira and Trent were all supposed to be going as friends but..." I said. "I forgot to get a dress and I don't have the money now as I am saving up for my trip. So I aint going!"

"Well why don't you ask dad?" Leanne asks.

"Dad has got enough on his plate," I say. "You know with trying to stop the world from being turned into the dinosaur era and everything else. I just don't want to pin anything else on him. Besides... he is too busy to sit down for five minutes and talk to me unless it's about dinosaurs and mutants!"

"What do you mean?" Conner asked.

I sigh.

"Dad barely pays attention to me anymore!" I tell them. "I don't think he likes the idea of me going to Briarwood in a few months. I mean what did he expect? I find out something like this and I just lie down and forget about it."

"Hey uh Conner," I looked around and Devin was standing behind Conner.

"Sure what's up Dev?" Conner said to him.

"I just need uh a quick word in private," Devin said sounding a little embarrassed.

"Okay!" Conner says and goes off.

Leanne turns back to me.

"I'm sure dad doesn't feel that way," she says sounding a little uncertain. "I mean he was my second foster home but I know that foster parents aren't like that. Anyway he hugged and congratulated you when you told us."