Chapter 15: Triassic triumph

Chelbell2016:

OK the reason for who gets the shield is because of Courtney's legacy and because she is the leader of her team please tell me what you think.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

Me, Hayley and Trent are all working and easily keeping things in order. Hayley looks so happy with having three pairs of hands again. She couldn't stop smiling as she watched me and Trent work. Me and Trent were closer than we ever had been. He had become like the brother I never had as we were both adopted.

Conner, Kira, Ethan and Leanne all walked in and approached Hayley.

"Someone looks pretty happy today," Ethan pointed out as they approached the bar.

"Oh hey," Hayley greeted them as she filled in books near the till. "It's just so good to have Trent back."

Me and Trent walked over as Conner was speaking.

"Yeah and with that new attitude adjustment," Conner began as we got closer. "He's almost likeable!"

I giggled as Trent smiled.

"I heard that," Trent told Conner.

"Two more cyber blasts please," Trent told Hayley.

"So how's it going?" Conner asked Trent.

"Fantastic I feel like a new man," Trent said. "And it's all thanks to a certain girl in orange!"

I smiled and replied sarcastically. "Is there someone else in orange around here?"

The others laughed but the Leanne got serious as she turned back to Trent.

"We're just glad the old man is back!" She said with emphasis on Old.

Everyone nods their heads agreeing with Leanne.

"You are one of us now," Kira told him. "No more secrets."

"You're right," Trent agreed as he walked away.

I did the same so I could carry on serving my customers. I walked over to the others a few minutes later and so did Trent.

"Let's go," Ethan said. "That report aint gonna write itself."

Trent glanced at him apologetically. I decided to save him.

"Trent and I will catch up with you," I told them. "You guys head over to the library. We just gonna finish up with Hayley."

I roll my eyes as I watch Cassidy do her usual I am the queen of the world act.

Me and Trent work together to clean the tables, take trays away and to serve customers. Once everything is more quiet we walk over to Hayley.

"Hey Hayley," I say to her and she smiles at me as she turns around. "Me and Trent really need to get to the library now to go and do our assignments. Will you be ok?"

"Yeah go," she said as she looked around and spotted that everything was clean and organised. "You two seem to have made my job a lot easier so don't worry. I can handle it now."

We nodded but just as we were leaving our morphers went off.

We went to a quite area and I raised my morpher to my lips.

"What's wrong dad?" I asked.

"The other four are in trouble and they need your help right away," dad told us. "Can you make it?"