Poles Apart

Ranvijay

Finally I am back ! Jaigarh, my motherland by birthplace,my home. Himmat kaka is driving me home from the airport,his family has been with us for 4 generations.I grew up around him and he has been one of my first teacher.Whenever I traveled, it was him who would drive me to and back. 

Last week when I called my mother and told her that I will be coming home for ever, I could feel her happiness in her silence,she just said; ''Come home my prince'' when I turned 15 I was deported to London for further studies. To be frank all my life I have stayed out of my home.First in one of the best boarding of the country where kids are enrolled even before they are born, and then London, its a kind of custom across Royal families . After completing my masters I wanted to gain some experience so I stayed back for 2 yrs but now I just want to be here, in Jaigarh .I love the sand dunes, the heat and the colours of this place.I am proud to be a part of it. Taking in the air of my land , I turned to I looked at Himmat kaka; ''So how is everyone back home''

Himmat kaka replied with a smile, ''right now, bubbling with happiness and waiting for you Kuwar Sa (Prince). You will be happy to see the arrangements done for your welcome ''

I smiled with a nod, yes I was excited to meet my parents, my grandmother. Rrudrani Devi, the head of our house is one elegant lady. She still has her name in the list of worlds most beautiful women. She holds immense power in the family and the state and her word is never questioned. My thoughts were broken by Himmat Kaka, ''Kuwar Sa....so are you planning to marry any time soon...''

I threw my head back and laughed; ''Kaka, not so soon I love my independence . Before I forget  Kaka how is Raksha?''

Himmat kaka responded after a sigh; ''Kuwar Sa, Rajkumari Raksha is turning a rebel,  she picks up fights on all small things....''

Himmat Kaka's words left me worried Raksha was 6yrs younger than me. When she was born I was in boarding , and when I came back for vacations she had turned one.I suddenly felt grown up looking at my little sister.We kept in touch through letter and mails. Slowly it reduced,our phone conversations also turned short.I could never understand the reason for this distancebut I will find out.

I looked out of the window through the tinted glass, it looked hot, road ahead had multiple mirage . The heat was seeping into my skin even in this Air conditioned car . I wanted to end this distance between me and Raksha. There should be something that makes her happy. Lifting my eyes  to kaka, I questioned; ''Is there anything and anyone that makes her happy''

Himmat Kaka; ''Her child hood friend Ananya''

I clenched my teeth.So this is the name of the bad influence. I have heard of the little spit fire through Granny, the girl doesn't shy from answering back. My family might have gone lenient with her because of Raksha but I will make sure to check her influence on my sister. 

Ananya

I am so worried about Raksha, she sounded so low over the phone. Poor girl, everybody thinks that she is lucky to be born as a princess . Only if they knew it was a jail of rules and regulation. They had way and guidelines for everything , even how to smile, laugh and eat .God help her!! 

I often wonder,what are these people robots who have been programmed to behave in a certain way. Some how find them fake,someone please enlighten them that we are a free democratic country . The monarchy ended long time ago but these people still are singing the old songs of their glory,rubbish!

I was trying to dig my bag to pull out some change...samosas make Raksha happy ...I will have to pack it in a way so that those tall men around the palace shouldn't smell it...god the looks I get when I go to that Palace ....they look at me as if I am some criminal ...or a serial killer...If they had theie way...they would have chopped me into pieces and buried me somewhere in that huge Palace...well if I am safe its only because of Rani ma Shivangi Aunty....only her eyes seems to be kind...Ranaji ...Raksha's father  Giriraj Singh Rathore looks like a predator to me.....whenever I go to Jaigarh Palace ....I make sure not to come infront of him or his arrogant old mother Rudrarani Devi...she is always ready to do some Tandav (dance of destruction)...by thoughts are broken by the shop owner who asked payment and I stuffed a Rs 20 note into his hands...well I payed 5 extra for the packing...

I quickly kicked my scooty ...and drove off to Jaigarh Palace ...when I spoke to Raksha in the morning she told me her brother was coming back for ever..poor girl one more Royal guard to make her life sick....Rakhsa shares her heart only with me...wish I could do something to get her rid all her miseries ....wish I could take Raksha and elope to some palace..where she could live her life on her terms...

My thoughts flew back to our school days....it was supposed to be the time when kids live and play...make mistakes...do mischief but Raksha wasn't allowed...she had a protocol for behaviour also....and now when we are in college ....a car full of guards come to drop her to college and one of them guardsalways stands outside the classroom door...Raksha can't speak to boys..she isn't allowed street food ....she is like a doll and only smiles even if she feels like laughing aloud loud....

As the entered the Palace, I could feel entering in a parallel universe through a invisible portal I really had to use all my strength to drive up the huge drive way.God why do they make such a huge and sloppy drive way. The guard gave me a 'you are a drug peddler look as he went about scanning my stuff. A female guard took liberty to touch me as per her will, I wanted to ask if she was straight. She jerked her head asking me to move inside.I just poked my tongue out at her before moving in.

My jaw was ready to hit the floor, the palace looked like a bride, ready to welcome its groom.The chandeliers were lit and their  refection of it through the numerous decorated mirrors made it look like a million stars sparkling in the sky .Fresh roses added glory to all the decorations, the palace's air was filled with aroma of scented water, which the staff of sprinkling around even noe. To be frank I felt like sneezing, so much for a Son and they ignore their daughter. With a shake of head I quickly moved to the stairs which takes me to Raksha's room.. I just kept my eyes on the floor as I have no intention of looking at all these people who cross my path, they gave me such glances that I feel like scooping their eyes off. Once at raksha's suite, I knocked slowly

 ''I won't come...leave me alone'' Came an angry response.

I replied smiling; ''Raksha ,its me !Ananya.....open up''

In two seconds she answered the door and pulled me in, locking the door behind us...I pulled out Samosa out of my bag and she squealed happily jumping on the bed .She is such a beautiful soul. Whole Palace is celebrating the homecoming of the prince and no one cared about her being all alone. For few days, everyone will be busy in him ignoring her again. If that so called prince comes crosses my path,I will Kill him...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the beginning...do let me know how was it ...Also suggest the cast you would prefer to see as Rajvijay and Ananya....