The Uninvited One

London

Raghuveer

I watched Dipu as her eyes danced in happiness hearing my proposal...next minute her face was covered in grim lines. Holding her chin I made her look into my eyes, she understood and spoke before I could ask; ''Veer our families have been rivals for generations...no one in my family knows of my feeling. If they know , they will either lock me up or wipe off my existence from this planet....''

''I know you come from Sisodhiya clan , just tell me one thing are you ready to take a step...if yes I promise to be your shield'' This was the best I could do pacify her. Dipu kept staring into my eyes for a minute as if trying to read my inner self. After a minute she blinked and smiled, placing her head on my chest she whispered; ''will do anything to be with you....but what about Rajmata Rudrani Devi'' Granny ..yes she would never agree to this alliance and now I don't care. I have had enough of her ...now she will have a bit of me...''lets get married in a week....but till then this stays between us...By the way does your guards here know who am I specially the old one''

Dipu thought; ''I haven't told him anything...but can't say..you know how they are. But had he got a slightest of hint about my feelings towards you I would have been deported back by now'' Dipu looked convinced that her guards and caretaker were not aware of my identity...but I doubt. I know how loyal these people are...they have been with Royal's for generations . They are like our shadows , it's a possibility that they know everything and are lying quite waiting for the right time. I have to act quickly. Dipu has given me her trust and I am going to do all to keep it...''Does anyone know you are here''

Dipu grinned; ''no...I have a different way to basement ...'' This is risky; ''Dipu you think they don't know...in reality they must be aware waiting for a chance...'' She held my hand; ''I am not an Idiot Veer...the passage to basement in managed by electronic lock which accepts only fingerprints of one person....My chief guard....but he is an old man and not that tech savvy...so I hired an expert to meddle with the whole thing ...Whenever I wish to sneak out ,I lock my room from inside and take the route to basement which has a secret route from the adjacent room....and my old caretaker doesn't know that I have a key to his room as well. Plus I have a spare staff uniform ...in dark I look like them''

This girl is mad....''Dipu this can be dangerous..don't you have security cameras in the basement'' She smiled; ''If I can tamper the lock then why not cameras...Veer I am not a delicate doll...but now I should leave...can you drop me till my stop...don't feel like taking a cab'' Good she asked, after hearing her little adventure I wouldn't have permitted her to leave....

As we drove towards her mansion..she asked to me stop a secluded point...she wore an oversized dirty jacket . Then a brown wig...giving her an appearance of a cute young homeless boy....winking at me she walked out . I smiled looking at her retreating figure..she was actually imitating a boy's walk. But after this I have to be quick....Her staff knows me as her friend...its very likely that they are aware of my identity...I will make my move quickly...

Reaching my apartment I made necessary calls to get the work moving. Moving to my room ...I allowed my body to do a free fall on the bed..all these thoughts are exhausting I didn't know when sleep took over me

I groaned when heard few sounds , it felt as if someone was banging a door....and somewhere I could hear a tone similar to that of my phone ..wait that is my phone...jerking up I lifted my cell...50 missed calls...moving to the door I pulled it open...''what's the urgency'' I questioned the young boy standing at the door...he lowered his head; ''sorry to disturb you...but Jagjit has made numerous calls asking for you...he said its urgent'' Dismissing him I checked the call history...indeed this looks serious.