Melting Hearts

Ananya

It had been a week since my exams started and now I have a week more left for the rest. But what am tensed about is the feast I have to attend with granny. I smile recalling how Ranvijay held my hand to assure me. 'Are you forgetting that's enemy zone' my conscious reminded me. Yes somehow I am not able to forget the way he broke my engagement and abducted my brother. Plus, his reluctance to share things about Raksha with me, I still cannot trust him.

Raksha, even she seems to be different. Last night I overheard her heated argument with granny. I agree, she might be wrong. But who speaks to their grandmother this way. Raksha was downright rude , her words were sharp. Yesterday's incident made me realise , there was lot more than I know.

A knock on the bedroom door brought me out of my thoughts, it was Ranvijay. Dressed in a pair of denims and black t-shirt , he looked no less than a super model. Ranvijay's eyes studied me from head to toe in a slow movement and I felt stripped. Clearing my throat I tried getting his attention to my face; ''you knocked, anything important''

He pressed his lips. I am sure he was laughing on me ; ''What so funny'' I was annoyed , he just shrugged his hand; ''Nothing, I have a request''

''What if I refuse'' Now its my turn. But I was so wrong, he gave me a sharp look before stepping into the room. I stepped back. Ranvijay kept moving till he caged me to the wall with his arms on either side; ''You were saying something'' he asked. I gulped once and then made a brave face looking into his eyes; ''I am not scared, you promised not to step in without my permission'' Hope he backs out now. But he didn't, leaning closer he brought in face in line with mine; ''Darling, I don't have a habit of requesting. So when I do, people readily keep my requests without any questions'' The words came out as a warning . My heart was beating mad against my rib cage, he was close so close that I could feel his breath on my face. I was so scared that I my eyes refused to look up. ''Look at me Anu'' he commanded in a whisper and I lifted my eyes to meet his.

He stared into mine without blinking them once. I hate to admit, but I couldn't look away. He held me captivated in his gaze.; ''you are so beautiful Anu'' as the words left his mouth , my face heated up. His hands pushed my hair back caressing my face. This should stop but I am not able to. Ranvijay leaned and kissed my cheek deep, my lips parted taking in as much air I can. I felt breathless, his arm moved around my waist as his lips tortured my face and neck. I felt I would explode any minute when he stopped. He cupped my cheek with one running his thumb over my lower lip. His forehead touching mine ; ''I have never felt like this of any girl, the way I feel for you Anu. You make me angry and hot together at the same time'' Ranvijay gave a small bite on my cheek making me squeak. He smiled; ''Anu, I want you to take care of Deepika. Will you''

''What's wrong with her'' I asked curious. Ranvijay moved back making me feel empty; ''This marriage was against her parents will. She was engaged to a leech before. Those people might be there. Though they can't harm her physically, I don't want her insulted in any manner'' Turning to me he asked with hope; ''will you'' I nodded assuring him . Ravijay smiled wide, moving close he kissed my forehead deep; ''for now, I should satisfy myself with that , though I want to kiss you all over'' I just glared , he laughed; ''Veer will join you guys later''

''Why aren't you joining? Aren't you worried someone might insult me'' he kept his finger under my chin, lifting it up; ''There is only one person who has the guts and rights to stand up to you that's me. Ananya , no one dares to hurt or touch what's mine. ''

''But why are you not joining'' I don't know why , but I am scared for him these days. He smiled softly at me ; ''There are few issues with the resorts and our main hotel. I have to look into it'''