Attack

Ananya

''Take care Ananya. I am going to miss you'' Raksha spoke in a muffled voice hugging me tight. My heart felt heavy yet relieved. though I am going to miss her , I am happy she will safe till all the chaos ends here. Veer is accompanying her till Delhi. He too will be gone for a day. I just wish Raksha gets all she dreams off. Wrapping my arms around mom , I comforted her. Raksha had always been family's baby, they are worried about her well being. She went and hugged Ranvijay like a baby, ''Call me in case you need something'' Raksha nodded staring at his face before breaking down. Ranvijay cuddled her like a baby speaking consoling words every now and then . He walked her to the vehicle and made her sit. Once Raksha was in he went back to the two female guards who will be staying with her. He once  again briefed them on necessary details. The girls nodded before getting into second vehicle. Mom broke down completely as the they drove off. Moving to her I held her by shoulders walking her inside. I turned once and found Ranvijay standing in the same position staring at the disappearing vehicle.He is going to miss her bad.

***

''How can you leave in Veer's absence?'' I didn't knew how to react at Deepika's declaration. Ve er has left an hour ago and here she is dropping  another bomb on me. I don't know ,I don't have a good feeling about it, ''Does Ranvijay know'' . She nodded affirmative , ''Why?'' That was the only thing I could say to her then . She lifted her tear laden eyes up and I knew things weren't as simple as the looked. She took my hands in hers, ''I never had a friend or a sister. I found both in you. If anything goes wrong promise me, you keep my loved ones safe''

''I am not making any ridiculous promises to you. You will have to wait for Veer to come back.'' With that I turned away from her. After a minute she hugged me from behind, ''I can't Ananya. I have to keep him safe. I am  putting something big on bet. This could be the last time you are seeing me''. My breath was caught in my throat. Turning around I gaped at her  all shocked. She had immense pain in her eyes. She looked tired broken and ill. ''Take this is a order from me Deepika, I want you back here in 10 days. '' Deepika smiled between her tears , ''Take care of Veer. I bought you a gift. Keep it safe''. She hugged me tight before leaving. I stood there frozen at my place , I felt a sinking feeling piercing my heart and I collapsed. I sat there completely blank, with different questions running in my head. Will I just sit and watch all this? Will these people just break my family apart? My eyes went to the ring Granny had gifted me other day. Wiping the tears on my face I made my way to Granny's suite.

When I reached her suite, for the first time I found it in dark. Moving in I called her, there was no response. I decided to check in the study, it was also in dark. I could see her silhouette on the grand chair , then why didn't she respond.My hand moved to the find the switch, but her voice halted it. ''Let be Ananya, lights won't take the darkness off  my heart." After thinking for a minute I pushed the button on. She covered her eyes, moving to her I removed her arm from her face to be left surprised, ''You have been crying. Why?''

I couldn't stand Granny in tears. I adore her strength, she had made me something I could never think off. ''Please, I can't see you like this'' She smiled sadly, ''Himmat Singh has been shot'' . My legs gave up. Himmat Kaka, granny's guard. My teacher . He is family . ''When?'' I asked.

''he had been returning after the checking the arrangements for election campaign. He wasn't driving. He was on the passenger seat of my car. They shot him near his heart.'' Granny ended the narration with a heavy voice. ''But all the vehicles are bullet proof, then how?'' I asked again. Granny nodded, ''Someone knocked on the glass and he pulled it down''. My legs gave up, I crashed on the floor. This was meant for Granny and as always Kaka took it. ''The driver is alive, without a scratch '' Granny nodded, ''He will pay with his life if I lose my best friend ." She said through clenched teeth. I don't know what Ranvijay must be going through, he had been very close to Kaka. For past few months he had been training me and I come to respect him like a father . Taking a step forward I kept my head on Granny's lap, she caressed my head, ''this should end and soon''. Granny kept quite and I understood