Silence before the storm

Ananya

When I opened my eyes, I smirked to all those pictures who stared at me with burning eyes. Yes, they were jealous. Because I had him, their creator and my adorably mad husband Ranvijay. I still can't believe I married this stubborn Royal. With passing days I realised he is just a normal guy looking for someone who would just be his. Emotionally staring at his sleeping face I caressed his hair, pecking his forehead. As I know him now, I realised  he is a family guy. He loves his parents his siblings deeply.Now I know why the staff and residents of Jaigarh treat him like God, he makes sure to be there for them every time. Granny told me, how he took extra responsibilities so that Veer and Raksha could have a normal pressure free life. He will soon take his father's place as a king. Though, these things are mere ceremonial now. But for people it means a lot. I have been informed that he will get busy, but come what may I will do all to make his life a little less tiring. Mom and Granny had been training me vigorously , sometimes I feel like giving up , but then recalling his smiling face I keep all the hardship behind. I have to learn and be strong for him. I should be his strength and not his weakness. Moving closer I hugged him and he hummed relaxing in my arms; ''Good morning my Queen'' He pecked my forehead, staring into my eyes. His arm went around my bare body pulling me closer. Hugging me he let out a relieving bresth. ''Raksha is leaving tomorrow, I wish she could be my little Raksha again. I miss her. So much'' His voice was laden with pain, I hugged him ; ''She will soon, just give her some time.'' He just hummed pulling me closer, I could feel his disappointment and I am not liking it; ''Don't be late, we have a get together in evening. Adi too is joining'' He nodded smiling down at me . I squealed when he lifted me off the bed with the sheets; ''Lets have a couple bath my love'' I hid my face in his neck blushing hard. 

***

I had chosen the area near the Palace Bawdi (step wells made in the Palaces in olden times) . I had planned to lit the each steps of the bawdi. The festival of lights was close and I wanted to give my best friend a beautiful farewell. I instructed the staff regarding the sitting arrangements for the family. I had roped a famous folk group to perform specifically for the Royal family. Veer had taken the responsibility for  the security tonight. We can't take chances, off lately to many trust worthy staff of us have been attacked and the attack on Veer has forced us to be more cautious regarding our safety. ''Hukum, its done. Please have a look'' I smiled acknowledging the staff and moved to check on arrangements. I smiled and clasped my hands together , for elders I decided to go for couches with cushions and for us I wanted a simple one. Pressing the button I switched on the lights and the bawdi and the area lit up like sky with stars. The path was lit us with small umbrella shape lights , giving it a look of celebration am sure Raksha will love it and I hope she takes my advice to be cordial with Ranvijay. Every time she ignores him, I see a part of him breaking down. Come what may I will bridge the gap between the siblings. Dismissing the staff I gave them the final instructions , I made my way to the Granny's office. She will be contesting upcoming elections and Brijesh has planned to contest against her. Either he is a fool or he is planning something really dangerous. Whatever it is. We have to cautious of all his steps. Granny's office is in the other wing. She never wanted her work to interfere with her personal life and somehow I love walking to the other wing of the Palace rather taking the ride . It give enough time to take a good glance at my surroundings. 

Walking through the corridor , I heard whispers coming from one of the rooms. Who it could be? these rooms are meant only for the Royals. No one is allowed here in our absence . With growing disturbances I am forced to doubt on even small things. ''Sitara , remember its your job to keep her safe. What belongs to us should come back to us hale and hearty'' That was Ranvijay, but who is Sitara? Who is he asking her to be with ? Taking a deep breath I peeped in. There stood a lean girl in her early 20s, I could only see her side profile. She had her hands clasped and head bowed as Ranvijay instructed her. The visible skin on her arm was full of traditional tattoos. Once he was done the girl looked up ; ''I won't die till I return her to the Palace Hukum. That's a promise'' I could see him relaxing and then he placed his palm on her head; ''I want you back and safe too. You too belong to this family'' The girls face lit up like that of a child , she nodded. I really didn't wanted to get caught eavesdropping so I decided to walk in after  a knock, my eyes on the girl. She smiled and bowed lowering her eyes. I must say she had one of the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen , her neck too had few tattoos . She definitely   came from one of the tribes living in Jaigarh . Dressed in traditional attire, she looked fragile like a doll.  ''That's it  for today Sitara'' She left after greeting us and my eyes followed her; ''that was Siatra, she will accompany Deepika to her maternal home'' His voice drew my attention back to him and I found him standing close to me smiling . "Aren't you too possessive'' I just smiled, I am and too possessive. ''Do you think Sitara can keep her safe?'' Yes, I had this doubt. Sitara looked too young to be a guard. ''She is comes from a tribes of bheels. They are amazing in art of warfare and this one can be more lethal than any poison '' Hearing of her my eyes widen , yes I have heard of them. These nomads mastered the arts of warfare to protect themselves from the enemies. Still I am not in favour of sending such a beautiful young girl in enemy territory. Ranvijay held my hands; ''Don't worry, I know her. But they don't . She is nothing shot of a bow dipped in world's dangerous poison. There is a reason I chose her. She will stay with Deepika but work for me''