Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ross' POV

What the hell has life come to? Of all the people in that class, Mrs. Adams decides to pair me up with Laura? I hate her guts. She should just move away from here, fall off a cliff, something! Anything for me not to work with her.

I walk to geometry class - which, by the way, nobody knows that I have - ten minutes late. I have geometry because, believe it or not, I'm actually pretty smart. I have a D+ in that class because I choose not to do the work.

"Mr. Lynch, if you're gonna show up late to class everyday, you might as well just stay in the office for this period." Mr. Hendrix scolds. I rolled my eyes and walked to my seat and sat down, just waiting for this day to be over already.

Laura's POV

"I'm thinking about switching classes," I tell Lynette and Brittany while we walk the mile in gym. "I will do anything so I don't have to work with him."

"I know what you're going through. In Algebra, I just got paired up with Sofia Güteson." Brittany groans. "I hate her rich kid guts."

"Me too." Lynette and I agree and unison.

Brittany, Lynette and I are like the girl version of The Three Musketeers. The first day we met, we all understood each other like we were sisters. But if I have to choose one that I'm closer to, I'd have to choose Brittany.

I met Brittany before Lynette. We were like blood sisters. She was my first real friend. I tell her all my secrets, and she tells me all of hers. Brittany introduced me to Lynette, and we all somehow ended up in this fucked up world called high school.

Ah, I remember that day like it was yesterday...

- It was my first day at school and I was already getting pushed into lockers. My glasses falling onto the floor everytime it happened. I tried to pick them up, but some mean group of girls would always push me to the floor. My books falling out of my grasp. Me colliding with the cold, bare floor.

"Hey, are you okay?" A girl asks me. She helped me up and picked up my books.

"Barely," I sigh. "It's my first day here, and I'm already getting thrown around here like a rag doll. Plus, I'm lost."

"I'll help you find your way around," she looks at my schedule. "Ah, yes, I know exactly where this is."

I nodded and walked with her to my Algebra class. Turns out I've been walking past the same class the whole time! Stupid me.

"Thanks for your help. You're the only one that hasn't insulted or hurt me today." I flash a weak smile at her.

"No problem! I know what you're going through. It happened to me before," she handed me my books. "My name's Brittany by the way, but you can call me Britt."

"I'm Laura." I smiled.

"Well, I gotta go to History. See you later Laura!" Britt says running down the hall.

I had just made a real friend. -

Then I had to meet Ross a week later.

- I was in study hall for detention - and no, I did not get in trouble. The principal put me on detention watch. I sat in my chair as the clock just hit 2:30. I was waiting for a group of delinquents to pile in the room. Of course they would show up 30 minutes late to detention.

Just then, a blonde boy walked in the room like he didn't have a care in the world.

"Um, you know you're late, right?" I speak up, as he sits in an empty desk.

"Like I give a crap." He replied with a blank expression plastered on his face. What an asshole.

"Okay, the rules are: no eating, no drinking, no sleeping, no talking or going on your phone. You can do homework if you like,"

"Yeah, homework isn't my thing baby," He smirks at me.

"Don't call me baby." I scoffed. He walked up to me and was inches away from my face.

"But what if I want you to be my baby?" He whispers in my ear, giving me tingles going down my spine.

I pushed him off of me. "You're disgusting."

He smirks, "Oh and by the way, I'm Ross." -

Why did I ever agree on doing detention watch in the first place? I would've never met Ross. But, I would've met him sooner or later, because he was practically popular around school.

I just wish I didn't have to tutor him today...