Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Laura's POV

I was at home alone studying, when I saw a figure walk inside the house. Scared, I grabbed my Algebra textbook and chucked it across the room towards the person.

"Fuck, Laura!"

I knew that voice.

I covered my mouth with my hands and walked over to Ross. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. you could've used the doorbell!"

"I didn't know if your parents were home, so I used the key under the mat." Ross stood up straight and glanced at me. "What's with the glasses?" He pointed to the glasses I was wearing.

"I need them." I shrugged. "And didn't I tell you I was studying today?"

"I need to talk to you; It's serious."

By the look on Ross's face, he was serious. We walked over to the futon couch and sat down.

"So, what's this about?"

"I met someone the other day, and they supposedly know who took that picture of us together." Ross stated.

I started to get nervous. What if this person was lying? To just embarrass us or something.

"I-I don't know about this..." I stammered.

"But Laura, if this person knows what they're talking about, then we can get back at that person that took the picture." Ross argued with me. I figured there was no reason fighting with him, so I just agreed to go with him.

"They want us to meet them after school tomorrow at Starbucks." Ross added. I nodded and just then, the door knob started to turn.

"Shit," I whispered. "You gotta get outta here."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." Ross was about to go out the front window when I stopped him.

"No dumbass, take the back door or use the bathroom window!" I hissed.

"Whatever. I hate you."

..

I was in Ross's car driving to Starbucks to meet this anonymous person that knows who supposedly knows who took the picture. Ross parked the car and we got out.

We saw a girl wearing all black sitting in a booth. We sat there with her and she looked up at us and took off her hood and glasses. My eyes widened with shock.

"Brittany?!"

"Shhh!" She hissed. "You don't know who could be listening."

"You know who took the picture?" Ross asked, just as shocked as I was.

"Yeah, I have to work for her because she tricked me into this contract, so now I work for her." Brittany said, sadness filling her voice.

"Oh my God, Britt, I'm so sorry." I hugged her from across the table.

"It's okay. My parents are getting me a lawyer to get out of the contract," we pulled away from the hug. "I'm also grounded for about a year."

I laughed with her. I looked over at Ross who was looking at his phone, obviously not caring about what we were talking about.

"Okay, if you two are done with that, can we get back to business?" Ross looked back up from his phone and at the both of us.

"Right, but don't freak out when I tell you who it is.." Britt muttered.

Me and Ross patiently waited for her to tell us.

"It's Lynette..."

I was about to scream and curse but Ross put his hand over my mouth.