Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Laura's POV

Ross gave me a ride to school today and we finally pulled up to the school and got out the car. People started to look at us instantly.

"Look it's the new happy couple!" One girl shouted.

"Guys I think Ross has gone soft!" A guy laughed. I started to tense up.

"I-I can't do this..." I say.

"You'll be okay,"

"I'm sorry Ross." I started to run towards the school but Ross stopped me and pulled me back into his car. "Ross what are you doing?"

He didn't respond.

"Ross, I can't miss school; finals are next week and graduation is only a month away and-"

"Will you just trust me?"

I finally stopped talking and he pulled up at a dirt trail. I had a puzzled look on her face.

"Come with me."

I got out the car with him and followed him down the dirt trail. There was a beautiful waterfall right across from the railing.

"Oh my God, Ross, this is beautiful." I lean over the railing to get a better look at it.

"Well, I hope you can swim."

I turn around and look at him. "What? You want me to go swimming?"

"Nope." He walked towards me and picked me up.

"Ross what are you doing?! Put me down!" I cried. I tried punching him with all the force I had, but it was no use.

"Nice knowing you, Laura." He threw me into the waterfall and I landed straight on my back.

..

I screamed and my eyes shot open to see myself in my room in my bed with Ross on my side.

"Laura, what's wrong?" He asks. I sit up and look around and look at the clock: 1:07 a.m. It's the middle of the night?

I get out of bed and go downstairs to get some water. It was all a dream?

"Are you okay?"

I scream and drop the glass in my hand. I turn around to see Ross standing there.

"Dammit, Ross! My mom's gonna kill me!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He grabbed the dust pan and the broom to go with it. "Why were you screaming in your sleep anyway?"

I didn't want to tell him about the dream - or nightmare - yet. It would totally freak him out. And it was freaking me out too.

That I was falling in love with him...