Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Friday

Ross' POV

"That'll be $2.99, please."

I handed the cashier at Starbucks a five-dollar bill. "Keep the change."

I grabbed my coffee and walked to a table and waited for Laura to come. It was a long shot, but I was willing to take the chance.

I'll risk anything to get back with Laura.

Twenty minutes later...

Laura still haven't shown up yet, and it's almost 3:00. I'm starting to think she's not gonna show up.

Laura's POV

I looked at my wristwatch. It's almost three; Ross wanted me to show up at Starbucks at 2:30. I feel bad for now, because after that phone call two days ago, I've been thinking long and hard about seeing him. I mean, it's been about five days since I last saw him.

I finally decided to put on some sweatpants, a hoodie and my black Chucks. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and added a little mascara and my favorite cherry lipgloss.

After that I got in my car and drove to Starbucks. I saw Ross' car in the parking lot and parked next to his car. I hope all goes well...

Ross' POV

It's 3:15, and still no sign of Laura. Maybe this was a bad idea and I should just leave.

"Ross?"

I missed that voice.

"Laura, hey." I motioned her over to my table. I stood up to give her a hug, but she just looked away.

"Um, hey." Laura sat in the chair across from me.

"You look beautiful," I complimented her.

"Thanks. You look... Nice."

This is going horrible. I don't even know what I was thinking with this.

"Look, Ross, I-I don't know what to say," Laura started. "But there's really nothing to say. You messed up, end of story."

"I know I messed up, Laur. That's why I want to fix it." I reached into my pocket and handed her a ticket. "Today, we're going to the carnival."

Laura sighed, "Ross, you can't just force me to be your girlfriend again. It takes time-"

"I'm not talking about going as a couple, I'm talking about going as friends, you know?"

"Oh, well, I guess so... What time?" She asks.

"7:00 tonight. I'll pick you up tonight?"

Laura nods, "I have nothing else to do so..."

"Isn't your parents home?"

Laura shakes her head, looking down at the floor. Maybe I shouldn't have asked...

"Okay, I'll see you at seven." I stood up from the table. "Can I walk you out?"

"N-No, I'm fine." She stuttered. I sighed and walked out of Starbucks. I hope she's okay.

..

Laura's POV (sorry lol)

After I met up with Ross, I drove directly to Brittany's place. I always need to talk to her in situations like this. She's like my personal adviser.

"Back again?" Was the first thing she said when she opened the door.

"You know you love me." I laughed. "But I need your help, now."

"Okay, come up to my room, quickly."

We tiptoed upstairs to her room. When we walked pass the family room, I saw that her mom was home.

"I'm not supposed to have company because I'm still grounded." She whispered.

"Brittany, who's at the door?" Her mom yelled from downstairs.

"Nobody, Mom!" Britt turned to me. "Close the door already!"

I hurried to shut the door and lock it to make sure nobody came in while we talked.

"So, tell me the deets."

"Okay, so..." I explained everything that happened at Starbucks with Ross. When I was finished she had a smirk on her face.

"You guys are so getting back together." She giggled.

"Says who?"

"Says you! I mean, c'mon, I know you better than you know yourself. You want to get back with him, so stop being so stuck up and date him already!"

I shushed her and reminded her that she was still grounded and wasn't supposed to have company.

Brittany rolled her eyes, "Anyway, what are you gonna wear to the carnival?"

"I don't know, Brittany... I don't want to look too sexy, and I most certainly don't want to look like I'm a bum with no clothes." I laughed.

"Well, you came to the right place. Oh and by the way, I found out that your 'maid' isn't who you think she is."

I walked with Brittany to her closet, "Wh-What do you mean?"

"Her real name isn't Emma, her hair is not blonde and she does not have crystal blue eyes." Brittany stated. "Everything you knew about her, fake."

I was shocked. How did she find this out?

"Emma is really Sofia Güteson."

____________

A/N:

CLIFFHANGER! Didn't expect that did you?

Maybe you did......

But other than that, I just wanted to say that, yes I did change my username. I was _krissiR5, but I'm rauraausllyfanatic now

I noticed that after I changed my user, I posted the prologue for Beach Girl, and nobody's read it yet. I think because nobody recognized my new username

So would you guys mind looking at my new story? Chapter 1 will be uploaded tomorrow because my family is still working on moving.... and I wanna finish reading this really good fanfiction :)

xoxo