This Game Can't Be Stopped Anymore

Lunch seemed even worse that day, but Kibum was hungry, so he was prepared to eat almost anything. Minho was walking toward the table, and Kibum could tell by his face that he had already finished his part of the bet.

"I'm guessing you're not single anymore" Kibum mumbled angrily and stuffed something in his mouth that he hoped was food.

"I'm officially taken, but their not going to be here today" Minho replied and sat down, "Oh, and Taemin is dropping out of the bet" Jonghyun's head went up from his food at this.

"Why?" Kibum asked confused.

"He's already dating someone" Minho answered, his smile stretching wider.

"Who?" Kibum asked, trying to mask his disappointment.

"Me" Minho announced and Jonghyun choked on his drink.

"Oh, that's great" Kibum told him and looked back at his food, feeling Jonghyun sympathetic stare.

"So, have you asked your crush yet?" Minho asked, inspecting his food.

"No, it's only been a day" Jonghyun answered, "I'm already planning for the penalty anyway, I just don't think I'll be able to do it"

"This is you're doing though!" Kibum told him, "You have to try"

"I just wanted you to do it, but I did screw myself over with the penalty" Jonghyun replied, and picked out the good parts of his food.

"What about you Kibum, are you going to ask her? She's here today" Minho asked, and watched in anticipation.

"I want to try" Kibum answered, looking in Taeyeon's direction.

"Go do it now, I'll film it for Jinki" Minho suggested, taking out his phone.

"R-Right now?" Kibum stuttered nervously.

"It's now or never" Jonghyun said, patting Kibum's back.

Minho began to chant Kibum's name and Jonghyun joined in after the first three.

Kibum took in a breath before standing up, he then began slowly heading toward Taeyeon, across the huge cafeteria. Minho waited until he was out of earshot before speaking.

"It's too bad Taeyeon is dating somebody" Minho told Jonghyun as he got out his phone to film.

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked confused.

"Taeyeon already has a boyfriend" Minho answered, pressing the record button as Kibum inched closer.

"You sent him to be rejected?!" Jonghyun asked in anger and quickly got up and went after Kibum.

Kibum had only gotten three fourths of the way across the cafeteria before Jonghyun stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"Hey, how about we just call off this bet and say Minho won?" Jonghyun asked, trying to create more distance between them and Taeyeon.

"Just because you're going to lose doesn't mean I should quit" Kibum replied and turned back to Taeyeon, removing his wrist from Jonghyun's grip.

Jonghyun grabbed him again, "I'm serious, this bet is stupid and someone's going to get hurt" Jonghyun told him, his eyes widening when he sees Taeyeon staring at them and listening with interest.

"What do you mean someone's going to get hurt?" Kibum asked, confused.

"I'll explain, just don't go over there" Jonghyun answered, giving Kibum a serious look.

"Why can't you explain now?" Kibum asked.

"Because I just can't. Now come on, I don't want you to get hurt" Jonghyun told him, and he started to take him out of the cafeteria.

Kibum had stopped asking questions then, and he let Jonghyun lead him out of the cafeteria. A blush crept onto his cheeks when he looked back to see Taeyeon watching them. The two didn't stop walking until they were alone in the hallway.

"How am I going to get hurt?" Kibum asked when Jonghyun had stopped.

"Because of things you don't know" Jonghyun answered, "You just can't ask Taeyeon out"

"Why can't I?" Kibum asked, "Since when did you tell me what I can and can't do?"

"Look, there's a good reason, trust me" Jonghyun told him.

"Then what is it?" Kibum asked annoyed.

Jonghyun couldn't think for a minute, not sure what lie to tell him, as he wouldn't quit until he had an answer. He knew he couldn't tell him what Minho told him, it would break him. Then, it came to him, even if he thought he'd regret it later, at least he wouldn't be lying.

"Do you really want to know?" Jonghyun asked, looking annoyed himself.

"Yes, I want to know" Kibum answered.

That's when Jonghyun pressed their lips together, and he waited for Kibum to push him off. But Kibum was frozen, caught off guard and completely shocked, so Jonghyun pulled away first. Jonghyun studied Kibum's face before speaking.

"I like you, Kibum" Jonghyun told him.