The Color Of Our Love Is Getting Thicker

Kibum knew it was probably around one in the morning, but that didn't help him sleep. His eyes were on the ceiling as he tried to will himself to sleep, but because this was a new place, he couldn't find sleep. He sighed to himself, deciding he probably wouldn't be able to sleep for the first two nights. Then, three knocks came from his door, causing him to jump and sit up in the bed.

"Who is it?" Kibum asked.

"Taemin" He answered and Kibum smiled to himself.

"Come in" Kibum called and the door opened.

Taemin closed the door before walking up to the bed with something in his hands.

"I didn't think you'd be able to sleep, so I brought you this" He held out what looked like a speaker.

"What does it do?" Kibum asked as Taemin plugged it in.

"It plays ocean noises to help you sleep" Taemin explained and turned it on, "I usually use it, but I can just steal Taeyeon's" He started for the door, but Kibum's voice stopped him.

"Thank you, for all of this" Kibum said and Taemin turned around.

"You're welcome" Taemin paused, looking at the floor then back to Kibum, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead" Kibum replied and Taemin took a deep breath.

"Who were you talking about earlier?" Taemin asked and Kibum sighed.

"Ah, that..." Kibum paused, "Why are you bringing that up again?"

"I'm just... Curious about it" Taemin answered, walking closer to Kibum.

"Why?" Kibum asked and Taemin sat down on the bed.

"Because you're my friend and I feel left out" Taemin answered and Kibum sighed, "It's selfish, I know... But I can't help wanting to know"

"I understand, and it's just... It's pointless to keep my feelings for him" Kibum told him and moved to get comfortable next to Taemin.

"Just because you think it's pointless doesn't mean it is" Taemin replied and Kibum pushed away the hope that began to appear in his mind.

"He's dating someone though, so why shouldn't I push my feelings to the side?" Kibum asked.

"Well, what kind of person is he? He could always not be happy with that person" Taemin explained and Kibum sighed.

"He's really sweet, but he's so in love it hurts to see them together" Kibum told him.

"Does he show any interest in you?" Taemin asked and Kibum acted as if he was thinking.

"I guess so, but it may just be my love sickness telling me that" Kibum answered and Taemin nodded.

"Can I have a name?" Taemin asked and Kibum looked at him.

"Would you be mad if I don't give you a name?" Kibum asked and Taemin shook his head.

"Can I guess then?" Taemin and and Kibum nodded in response, "Is it me?" Taemin asked, closing the space between him and Kibum until it was just and inch.

"A-Are you serious?" Kibum laughed nervously, turning his head to the side to keep himself from kissing Taemin.

"Kibum, answer me truthfully" Taemin said and their eyes met, "Do you have feelings for me?" Kibum swallowed nervously.

Kibum opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Taemin's hand then cupped one of Kibum's cheeks and he found his words again.

"Taemin, what are you doing?" Kibum asked.

"Finding out the truth" Taemin answered and brought their lips together.

Kibum froze, slowly melting into the kiss, closing his eyes and kissing back. It took a second of realization for Kibum to break the kiss, pushing Taemin away.

"This is wrong" Kibum said, "You... You have a boyfriend"

"So you do like me" Taemin smiled and Kibum looked down.

"Taemin..." Kibum trailed off, looking up into Taemin's eyes, "You have Minho"

"I..." Taemin sighed, "I don't love him" Taemin replied, "You know that... I only told him yes because of the set up he brought"

"But you're still dating someone" Kibum told him and Taemin grabbed his hand.

"But I like someone else" Taemin said and Kibum looked shocked.

"Then why did you accept Minho?" Kibum asked.

"He had a bouquet and he had dressed up and I couldn't have told him no" Taemin answered, looking guilty, "I don't like him, not like that"

"Who do you like?" Kibum asked, even if he was sure he knew the answer.

"You, Kibum, always you" Taemin answered and leaned in for another kiss.

Kibum avoided the kiss and took his hand back from Taemin, the thought of hurting Minho plaguing his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, I want to break up with him, but I have to know that you'll treat me right first" Taemin explained, "I don't want to make another mistake"

"How do I prove it to you?" Kibum asked and Taemin smiled.

"You'll prove it one day, but for now, can I kiss you again?" Taemin asked and Kibum hesitated, "This can be our little secret, a forgotten night, but I just want one kiss in case it's the last"

Kibum let their lips come together slowly, shivering when Taemin's arm wrapped around him protectively. His other hand found Kibum's and their fingers intertwined as Kibum relaxed into the kiss. Kibum squeezed Taemin's hand as if he would disappear if the older let go. When the kiss broke, the two looked at eachother.

"Can you..." Kibum hesitated, "Stay here tonight?" Taemin smiled at the question and nodded.

The two moved themselves under the covers of the bed, getting comfortable, Taemin resting in Kibum's arms.

"I... Have to leave tomorrow morning" Taemin told him, rubbing his hand over Kibum's side.

"Where are you going?" Kibum asked, his hand mindlessly playing with the younger's hair.

"Family business" Taemin answered, "Taeyeon should be here though, so hopefully you won't feel awkward"

"That's fine, when will you be back?" Kibum asked.

"Hopefully it'll feel like I never left" Taemin replied and their eyes met, "And hopefully we'll still be able to see eachother"

"Why would we not be able to see eachother?" Kibum asked and Taemin looked away.

"It's... Complicated, but you'll find out soon enough" Taemin told him and Kibum looked at him confused, "Just, trust me please"

Kibum nodded at this, "I trust you, don't worry" Kibum replied and Taemin smiled.

"We should get some sleep" Taemin said, hiding his face in Kibum's chest.

Kibum pecked the top of Taemin's head, smiling as he closed his eyes to try and find sleep.