Find Me, Just Once

Kibum and Taemin were awkward after Minho left. Part of Kibum knew this would happen, but he didn't want to believe it. The two of them falling for each other meant breaking his best friend's heart.

Taemin went to their room after the prolonged silence, so Kibum went to the guest room. The minute he closed the door he started racking his brain, trying to find a way for everyone, or maybe just everyone who mattered, to be happy. If he was honest, he hated his solution, but that wasn't going to stop him if it seemed to work.

Kibum was pretty sure that despite what Taemin said, he did have feelings for Minho. They've all known each other for a few years, and Kibum feels that the youngest would've rejected Minho if he didn't have any lingering feelings. Although he wasn't completely sure, he decided if it was true then this solution should work just fine.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, and his heart dropped.

Minho: It is Taemin, isn't it?

Kibum's first instinct was to play dumb.

Kibum: what do you mean?

Minho: Your crush is Taemin, right?

The next instinct was to lie, but he wasn't sure if Minho would believe him.

Kibum: I already told you it wasn't

There was no reply for a while, and Kibum was afraid he had everything figured out.

Minho: If you say so

He couldn't tell what Minho meant in that message, so he decided to leave it there. Until his phone buzzed again.

Minho: Taemin seemed really out of it today

Minho: Are they okay?

Kibum: I'm not sure honestly, they went to their room after you left

Kibum didn't know if he was relieved or worried.

Minho: Take care of him for me

Kibum: you don't sound like yourself, are you okay?

Minho: Don't worry about me

Kibum: that makes me worry about you

He watched as the app kept reading "Typing..." on and off until finally stopping after what felt like an hour. He wasn't sure if he should press on or leave him be, Kibum wasn't used to consoling Minho.

He locked his phone and laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His phone was on the highest volume setting, in case he ended up taking a nap. And an hour later he realized that was a smart move when his text tone woke him up.

Jonghyun: Is Minho still over there?

The question worried Kibum.

Kibum: Did he not go back to school?

Jonghyun: No, and he's not answering his texts

He swallowed hard.

Kibum: He left about an hour ago and told us he was going back to school, I'll call him

He didn't wait for Jonghyun's reply, quickly calling Minho. Kibum was put on voicemail too quickly for his liking, but he left one anyway, deciding if Minho wanted to be left alone then maybe they should respect that.

"Hey, Jjong said you didn't come back to school, please text me as soon as you can. I'm worried about you" Kibum hung up and sighed to himself.

Worst case scenarios played through Kibum's mind, he had to take a deep breath to calm himself down before he began to panic. When his phone went off it almost scared him.

Minho: Sorry, we all lie sometimes

Kibum: Everyone is really worried about you, you don't sound like yourself and you've disappeared!

Minho: I feel a little sick so I went home

Kibum: So if I go to your house your mother will tell me the same thing?

Minho: Maybe

Kibum: God Dammit Minho just tell me what's wrong so I can help!

Kibum: We're all worried and we just wanna help so please let us

Minho: You can't help so what's the point

Kibum: Well I don't know that unless you tell me what's wrong

Minho: I'll be okay, I can deal with it on my own

Kibum: Are you lying?

It took Minho longer to respond to this one.

Minho: Are you?

Kibum: About what?

Minho: About Taemin

Kibum: What about him?

Minho: Stop beating around the bush Kibum, you know what

Minho: Are you in love with Lee Taemin?

Kibum hesitated, he didn't want to lie again, but he didn't know how Minho would take it. But he had hesitated a little too long.

Minho: I knew it

AN: I'm so sorry this took a year, I've had a lot of writers block. But I hope you enjoy this chapter!