I'm Starting to Resemble You

Kibum couldn't help but panic a little at the text.

Kibum: I didn't even answer yet, don't jump to conclusions!

Minho: But you hesitated

Kibum: Don't act like you know everything

Kibum: Where are you? I wanna talk in person

He held his breath, not sure if Minho would even respond to him at this point.

Minho: The overgrown skatepark no one skates at

Kibum didn't even stop to respond, instead he rushed to slip on some shoes and a coat and quietly left the house, hoping Taemin wouldn't notice. It felt like the walk took hours, but the clock on his phone let him know it was only about fifthteen minutes. He spotted Minho almost instantly as they were the only two there.

"Minho!" Kibum shouted and the younger looked over at him.

"Why'd you wanna talk in person?" Minho asked as Kibum got closer.

"Because I'm worried about you" He replied and Minho scoffed.

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm going to be fine" A smile pulled at Minho's face, "Now, are you going to answer my question?"

"Well you seem to think you already know the answer" Kibum hoped he could stall forever.

"I mean, you said you liked Taeyeon, and now you know Taeyeon is Taemin, so if you are in love with Taeyeon then you're in love with Taemin" Minho said playfully, the change of tone surprising Kibum.

"I never said I was in love with Taeyeon" Kibum replied and Minho chuckled.

"But you did say there was this guy you liked, but he was out of your reach because he had a boyfriend, and there's four people who fit that description that we know" Minho smiled at Kibum teasingly.

"Why do you sound so happy all of a sudden?" Kibum was genuinely confused.

"Why shouldn't I? We're just talking about your crush, we've always done stuff like this" The answer just confused Kibum more.

"But we're talking about how I might be in love with your significant other, shouldn't you be jealous or angry?" Kibum asked and Minho just shook his head.

"We're talking about you liking them not you taking them from me, why should I be angry that you have an attraction to Taemin?" The sting of guilt hit Kibum, and he took a deep breath.

"In that case.. I am in love with Taemin" He felt like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders, but now his shoulders were sore.

"Sorry I beat you to them" Minho chuckled and Kibum smiled.

"Wait, you knew the twins were the same person yet you still tried to make me confess to Taeyeon?! To get rejected?!" Kibum pretended to be mad and Minho laughed.

"I wanted to see you face your fears, plus you probably would've gotten her number quicker that way" Kibum glared at him and Minho smiled, "But the look on your face would've been great"

"The joy you get in watching me suffer is almost sickening" Minho patted Kibum's back.

"Aw, you know I love you" Minho replied and Kibum laughed this time.

It was silent for a little while, and Kibum watched as Minho looked down at his feet as if contemplating something.

"Can I ask you something?" Minho spoke, sounding more serious now.

"I can't promise I'll have an answer, but go ahead" Kibum watched as Minho avoided his eyes.

"Does.. Does Taemin feel the same way?" Kibum tried to hide his shock at the question, "Do they love you like you love them?"

There was a gentle silence as Kibum decided on his answer.

"No" Disappointment laced his voice, "No, they don't"