It's My Problem For Loving You

It was silent again as neither were sure what to say next, Kibum was just silently hoping Minho believed him.

"I'm sorry" The apology was sincere and Kibum looked at the younger.

"Don't be sorry, they're your partner, if they liked me romantically then that would just complicate things" He replied, not able to read Minho's face.

"Yeah.." Minho paused, and a silence fell over them.

Kibum felt his phone buzz in his pocket, he slowly pulled it out in an attempt to not disrupt the silence.

Taemin: whered you go?

Kibum: I just went for a walk, I'll be back soon

"Who is it?" Minho's soft voice broke through to Kibum.

"It's Taemin, they were wondering where I was" He told the truth and Minho nodded.

"Do you need to head back?" Minho questioned and Kibum put his phone away, ignoring the incoming messages.

"Nah, they were probably just worried because I wasn't in the house" Kibum smiled softly at the younger.

"By the way, your mom showed up just like Jonghyun said she would, but don't worry we didn't tell her about Taemin" Kibum let out a sigh of relief at the news.

"Thank you, I'm sorry about all that" Kibum replied, looking down at his feet.

"Don't be, it's not your fault, just be glad you have somewhere safe to go" Minho told him and patted his back softly.

"That's true" There was a pause as Minho removed his hand and looked down at his feet, "Are you sure you're okay?" Kibum asked one last time, just to be sure.

Minho took a deep breath, "Yeah.. Yeah I think I'll be fine" The answer didn't have Kibum convinced.

"Are you sure? Because it's okay if you're not, we'll all be there for you you know" Minho's eyes seemed to be glued to his feet, so Kibum continued, "All you have to do is say the word and-"

"What if" Minho interrupted, "What if Taemin did love you back?"

"What do you mean?" Kibum could hear a slight sadness in his voice.

"I mean, if Taemin loved you too, what would you do?" Minho's words brought silence between them as Kibum thought long and hard about the answer.

"Well, I don't know.. I guess I'd be shocked, but I'd remind them that they have a loving boyfriend" Minho looked up at this, the two meeting each other's gaze again.

"And.. What do you think they'd do?" This time Kibum looked away.

"I mean, I'm not Taemin, I don't know what they'd do... But I would think they wouldn't act on their feelings" Kibum hoped his little lie would fool Minho.

Minho sighed and Kibum hoped it was out of relief, "Maybe you're right, maybe I'm overthinking all of this" Minho sounded somewhat calmer, "I think I'm gonna head home"

"Are you coming with us tomorrow?" Kibum asked and Minho smiled softly.

"I think so, where are we going?" Kibum smiled back now.

"We don't know yet" Kibum laughed, "We'll let you know though"

"Okay" Minho joined in with his deeper laugh, "I'll see you tomorrow then"

The two waved goodbye, and Kibum pulled his phone out of his pocket.

Taemin: are you with minho?

Taemin: is he okay?

Taemin: i think im gonna tell him

Taemin: im sorry youre probably busy

Kibum: I'm headed back now, can we talk when I get back?

He felt his stomach twist at the thought of Minho getting his heart broken, his pace picked up and before he knew it he was jogging back to Taemin's.