Chapter Twelve

Clara stepped into her dorm room, still wrapped in Percy's knitted jumper. She was barely in the room when she was bombarded by her three roommates.

"YOU SMELL LIKE A BOY!" Erika screeched, clinging onto the sweater and smiling like a complete idiot.

"Do not be ridiculous." Clara tried to scold her, along with the other two giddy girls, but she couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips. 

"And she smiles!" Niki clapped her hands together excitedly while Michelle dragged Clara over to her bed.

"Tell us everything." Michelle told her.

"There really is nothing to tell." Clara lied, shrugging her shoulders.

"Bull--!"

"Erika!" Michelle scolded.

"What? She's obviously lying. Look at her jumper! It's got a giant letter P on it!" She crossed her arms over her chest. "It's obviously Percy's."

"What is you say? Oh, yeah." Clara scoffed. "Brilliant observation." Clara said, rolling her eyes. "He gave it to me to cover up what the shirt didn't."

"Awwwe." All the girls swooned, clasping their hands together.

"He cares about you. That's so adorable." Michelle said, and the two other girls nodded in agreement.

"Now tell us everything." Erika said, leaning over and staring Clara deep in the eyes. Clara leaned back, giving her a look.

"You know." Niki said, smirking. "Fred and George set up the whole thing, those sly dogs."

Clara laughed. "No way." She said. "Percy was so concerned!"

"HA! He does care about you!" Michelle shouted, sticking an accusing finger in Clara's face. Clara glared at her.

"It was cold outside and Percy didn't want me to get a cold--" Clara tried to explain before the girls let out a series of awes.

"Taisez-vous! It is late and I need sleep." Clara told the three girls. They backed off with wide smiles on their faces as Clara excused herself to brush her teeth and clean her face of the thick makeup Erika had applied on her.

Slipping off the uncomfortable skirt and thin shirt, Clara left the bathroom wearing only her knickers with Percy's jumper over top. When she made it back to the dorm room, the girls watched her as she made her way to her poster bed and nestled underneath the covers.

"Clara?" Erika called after the lights had been shut off.

"Yes?"

"It's kind of cute that you're wearing Percy's jumper to bed." Erika said, and Clara could sense the amusement in the girl's voice.

"Tais-toi." Clara growled, but her roommates merely laughed at her.

However, Clara grinned as she buried her nose in the soft knitted jumper, taking in the smell of Percy that reminded her so much of fresh parchment paper. Like a book that had been basking in the sunlight on a wooden shelf for years and like the the smell of her mama's vanilla baked cake. She loved the smell.

Clara loved the smell of Percy Weasley, just like she loved his serious attitude and his love for hierarchy and being in position of authority. Yeah, Percy was a little uptight and way too serious at times, but Percy Weasley was there to help anyone who gave him the chance to be helpful.

People made fun of Percy, but who stayed up until the early hours of the morning the night Sirius attacked, to watch over the students while the Professors were absent? Percy did.