Chapter Thirteen

When Clara awoke early Saturday morning, she awoke with a smile on her face.

Her roommates had left her alone to sleep as they usually did because everyone knew Clara was not the friendliest when awoken against her will. So it was quiet in the dorm room, only the tick of a clock to break the silence.

Sleepily stumbling out of her bed, she pulled on a pair of baggy jeans and made her way to the Hufflepuff bathrooms for some mouthwash before she went down to breakfast. Because Merlin knows Clara's morning breath could make infants cry.

After Clara had been in the Hufflepuff bathroom, Clara made her way quickly to the Great Hall to meet up with her roommates and hopefully see Percy as well.

She really hopped she saw Percy.

As she turned the corner quickly, she just about ran into a tall, slim figure. Embarrassed, Clara mumbled a quick apology before looking up to see the sixth year Ravenclaw, Penelope Clearwater.

"It's quite alright..." She said, her eyes trailing down the jumper Clara was still wearing. She frowned, reaching out to touch the soft knitted fabric. "Is this...Percy Weasley's jumper?" She asked, her voice rising an octave higher.

"O-oh." Clara chuckled nervously. "This old thing? I-I forgot I was still wearing it." She lied, tugging nervously at the hem of the jumper. Penelope frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Percy never gave anyone that jumper." She said, and Clara just stared, unsure of how to respond. "His mother made that for him, did you know that? Every Christmas they'd get a new one, but Percy never let go of that one." Penelope said, pointing to the jumper.

Shocked, Clara didn't say a word as the girl looked her up and down with a prominent frown on her face. Clara knew who Penelope was, but she never really talked to the girl before. Penelope was always quiet, doing her own thing and usually hanging around the library with a pile of books stacked before her. Penelope was the kind of person Clara would smile to and move on with her life, not really giving her much thought because Penelope never gave her a reason to.

But it seemed there was a lot more to Penelope then she led on. And how she knew so much about Percy's jumper was a question Clara certainly wanted an answer to.

"Mrs. Weasley knitted maroon jumpers for all his siblings one Christmas, but for some reason she knitted Percy's in blue." Penelope continued, her eyes wondering as she spoke. "Since then, he's treasured that frayed old thing." She looked back down at Clara.

"O-oh. Very fascinating." Clara said, trying to get passed Penelope, but the girl stopped her with her hand.

"Are you two a thing?" She asked Clara.

"P-Pardon?" Clara stuttered, looking up at the blonde. Clara's reddened face must have answered the girl's question because she backed away from Clara.

"I-I have to go." Penelope said. But before she left Clara alone in corridor, she turned and pointed a finger at her. "Watch out, Clara." Penelope said. "He may act like he cares, but all Percy really cares about is his school work and getting into the Ministry after he graduates."

And with that. Penelope Clearwater left, Clara staring after her.

Percy watched as Oliver Wood ran back and forth in their dorm, collecting his Quidditch things. The boy was going insane, Percy thought, he had been going over all possible scenarios that could happen to prevent Gryffindor from winning against Hufflepuff today.

"Oliver, I'm sure you'll be fine." Percy said. Oliver turned on him.

"Fine? How could you possibly think that, Percy?" Oliver yelled, causing Percy to flinch. "Hufflepuff is good. And the weather is awful! Have you taken a look outside?!"

Percy had, and storming rain didn't seem to end. It was possible to match might even be canceled, but Percy highly doubted it.

"Those bloody Slytherin and that damned Malfoy boy. You know their just milking their seekers wound, right? That bleeding idiot should be recovered from that Hippogriff, but they've found a way to worm their way from playing in this weather!"

"Oh Oliver, you really need to relax." Percy was saying, but that didn't calm Oliver down.

"This is my last shot, Percy!" Oliver said loudly. "It's my last year, my last chance to win--"

"Yes, yes, I know." Percy said. "But freaking out isn't going to help your case. Just get your things and get a move on! Harry has never missed the snitch. You'll be fine!"

"Right. Harry. Well I sure hope he'll be able to see the bloody snitch in this weather. Especially with that Diggory boy as Seeker for Hufflepuff, we can't have Harry making any mistakes."

Frowning, Oliver zoomed by Percy, leaving him alone in the dorm room. Shaking his head, Percy wondered out of his dorm room and made his way through the portrait hole. The Fat Lady had been singing herself an off key tune as Percy ventured through the corridors.

Before Percy could enter the Great Hall for some breakfast, he was grabbed by the arm and pulled to the side. "What the--"

"Percy!"

It was Penny.

Swallowing, Percy forced a smile. "How are you?" He asked nervously. Penelope smiled widely before she reached out and trickled her fingers down his arm. Percy shivered but didn't pull away.

"I'm...good." She said. "Say, why don't we do one last exciting thing together, yeah?"

"W-what kind of thing?" Percy asked, and Penny smiled.

"One Sickles says Hufflepuff wins and Gryffindor looses." Penny said, smirking. Percy just stared at her.

"You're willing to put your money on Hufflepuff?" Percy asked, bewildered. Penny nodded.

"I'm putting my money on Diggory. He's quite a brilliant player, the good looks only add to that." Percy scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Harry has never lost the snitch."