Chapter Thirty-Five

Percy chewed on a dinner role, a bored expression blanketed over his freckled face. He grumbled something very unpleasant to himself when Clara and Penny both laughed out loud.

"It really was brilliant!" Penny was saying, wiping away her tears of laughter. "Even though I lost one sickle, it was quite the game to watch. I do think us Ravenclaw gave Gryffindor a run for their money."

Percy rolled his eyes, looking away from the two chattering girls. It was as if Percy wasn't even there. The same had happened during the Quidditch game. At first the three of them were sitting in awkward silence, but as the game heated up, so did the girls and they found themselves laughing and cheering on the Quidditch match.

Percy almost preferred the awkward silence, because being completely ignored was way worse. Not to mention his previous and present girlfriend had more to talk about with each other than they did him, and Percy couldn't help but find that extremely weird.

"What do you think, Perce?" Asked Penny. Percy jumped in his seat, looking over at the two girls.

"What? I..I mean, pardon?" Percy said, biting his lower lip. Clara giggled.

"Which one of us has longer hair? I think I do." Clara said. The two girls turned their back to Percy, letting their long hair fall in waves down their backs. Percy just stared, wondering how on earth their conversation went from Quidditch to the length of their hair.

Percy will never understand women.

"I...erm..." Percy scratched the top of his head. "Penny I guess. Just by a little it looks like."

"Ha! Told you." Penny said, sticking a finger in Clara's face. Clara just laughed, swatting away the girls hand.

"Only by a little!" Clara countered.

"So what do you say? My room? My mother's a hairdresser in Hogsmeade, and she's taught me a few things about hair. I'm sure I can help you out with yours, so it isn't so frizzy I mean."

"Oui, that would be nice." Percy watched in utter shock as the two girls rose to their feet and took off to the Great Hall entrance, without so much as a goodbye.

Just as Percy was about to leave in a fit of depression and rage of being ditched my his girlfriend for his ex-girlfriend, a soft pair of lips touched his cheek, startling the boy.

"I'll see you tomorrow, mon chéri." Came Clara's smooth french accented voice. Percy's body instantly relaxed and he turned to steal a kiss from his beautiful girl before she left the Great Hall once again. He turned back to his food, this time with a smirk playing at his lips.

"Now that's something that'll be hard to get used to." Percy sighed as Fred and George came to sit on either side of the boy.

"Percy smiling." Said George, grinning at his older brother.

"And in love." Added Fred. A smile twitched at the corner of Percy's mouth.

"Shut it, you two." Replied Percy, but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face no matter how hard he tired.

The twins were right, Percy Weasley was in love. He was in love with Clara, and he still couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing.

"I like it on you." Said George. Percy turned to his brother, arching an eyebrow.

"You like what on me?" Asked Percy. George just grinned at his brother.

"Happiness."

Percy had found himself in the library once again, piles of books stacked before him and scribbling down important information that he would need for his Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests. Though Percy had a hard time deciphering what information would be more important than the other, because every last word in his text books were crucial.