Chapter Forty-Four

Dear Rhonda,

You wouldn't believe how much trouble I've already found myself in at this school. So much has happened since I saw you at Christmas break. I wish so badly to see you again, but due to the high security here we both know that isn't possible. As for the new cellular phone mama and papa gave me, I don't get any service here, so writing to you the 'old fashion way' is the only way for us to contact each other.

You must be absolutely furious with me because May is already here and I am just now sending you a letter, but there has been a lot going on and I haven't been able to find much free time; especially now since exams start on the sixth of June. Wish me luck, because Percy says I still have a long way to go before I'm able to pass my exams at 'Percy standard'.

Now, I know you don't want to hear all about my classes or my exams because that is an extremely dull topic, so I'll just get right to what you really want to hear about.

Percy is taking care of me just fine.

We've run into a bump in our relationship not long ago, over a mishap during the Easter Holiday, but all is well...as far as I can tell anyway. I haven't seen much of Percy because he's always burying himself in piles upon piles of books, he is really serious about his schooling (you should be proud of him, Rhonda, he's managed to up my grades in many classes by tutoring me). Percy wants to get a serious job after school, and it's really rather amazing how sure he is of himself because I don't even know what kind of work I'd be interested in.

But staying away from the topic of schooling and jobs, I know you want to hear all about how Percy is treating me like a Royal Princess. Though, Rhonda, there isn't much to else to say.

Percy is unlike any guy that I have ever met. He's nerdy, irritating, very solemn, and he's as stubborn as a nail in a wooden plank. But somehow, along the way, he's managed to steal my heart and soul and Rhonda, I could not be happier about it.

You know I've never had a real boyfriend before. There was Mark, but that was just 'puppy love' as mama put it. It was very intense, the way Mark constantly sent me love notes and once shattered my bedroom window in the middle of the night with a rock in an attempt to catch my attention so he could serenade me with a song he wrote. But all Mark cared about was how beautiful he thought I looked, and I fell for him because he looked like an angel sent from God. It was only when mama forbid me to see him that I realized, after many nights of constant crying, that what Mark and I thought we had was just intense, shallow, romantic attachment to each other.

But Rhonda, that is not the case with Percy Weasley at all. We love each other, and yes it is very intense love but it is so real. It's unlike anything I've ever felt before and I've met a lot of boys who have tried to steal my heart. But only one boy managed to successfully do so, and that is Percy.

While sometimes he makes me cry and question everything about myself, I could not imagine a day without him now that I have him in my life. Mama doesn't like Percy, but that's just because Percy is the only person that has ever stood against her. I think the day that he defended me from mama, stood up for me against my own mother, is when I knew he was a keeper. You said so yourself, Percy Weasley was a brave, one of a kind man, and guess what Rhonda? ...he's all mine.

I really wish you and Percy were able to formally meet, I would have liked that and I think you would have found a lot more to like about him. Maybe over the summer, if Percy isn't too busy with finding work, we can arrange for a little get-together, where Percy can meet my real family: you and the rest of the amazing staff.

Now, I know you're a busy woman so I don't want to make this letter any longer than it needs to be. If you get the chance, tell mama and papa I love them, okay? And if you could possibly remind them that my birthday is on the fifteenth, I would really appreciate it. As always, I miss you and I love you so much, Rhonda. I'll see you after my graduation.