Chapter Thirty

"Are you sure we're at the right house?" Mr. Weasley asked as the family came upon the Blanchard household.

Ivy ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path which lead directly to the colossal structure. A great mansion loomed proudly behind firm iron gates, flanked by skeletal trees bare and swaying in the cold winter air. At its threshold, in the middle of a large roundabout, stood a delicate marble fountain.

"I'm certain." Charlie said, squinting as he looked down at the letter Mrs. Blanchard sent them with her home address. Percy stared at the house, or if you could even call it a house. It was large enough for a small village to live inside comfortably. Percy couldn't believe this was the home of just a family of three.

"How d'you reckon we get in?" Asked George who had his arm wrapped around a shivering Michelle. Mrs. Weasley pulled out her wand to unlock the gate herself, but her husband stopped her.

"Molly the muggles, remember?" He said. Molly nodded quickly, tucking her wand away.

"It says...press the glowing button on the right of the gate." Charlie read. Percy squinted as he moved towards the iron bars, spotting a glowing red button.

"I think I've found it." Percy said, pressing the button. Almost as soon as he pressed it, a voice rang through the speakers.

"Name, please?" Came the male voice. Percy jumped back in surprise.

"Dear Merlin." He muttered. His father moved forward and with his lips basically touching the speaker he shouted.

"My name is Arthur Weasley. I am with my wife Molly Weasley, my five sons William Weasley, Charles Weasley, Percy Weasley, Fred Weasley--"

"Yes, come on in sir." Replied the voice. Arthur smiled, pleased with himself as the red light switched to green and a loud buzzer sounded, the gates slowly opening for the family.

"This is truly brilliant." Arthur was saying, staring in awe at the muggle equipment. He waltz in like a kid in a candy store, admiring nearly everything as they walked down the pathway leading to the fantastic sprawling house. It looked Victorian, Percy thought as the house came into clearer view. It had a red-bricked topped with copper domes and spires that had long ago turned green. There must have been at least a hundred windows on six floors facing the front. It was a house that just didn't know where to stop.

As the family walked up the grand staircase, a large oak door cracked open, revealing a slick looking man dressed in a fine black suit. "Good evening." He greeted with a smiling face.

"Ah." Arthur said, moving toward the man and sticking his hand out. "You must be Léo Blanchard. I'm Arthur Weasley and this is--"

"Master Léo is inside, sir." Said the man. Bill turned to Percy, mouthing 'master?' with a shocked expression. Percy only shrugged.

"Where did you find this girl?" Charlie muttered under his breath as the family entered into the grand foyer. As the family piled in, Percy was shocked to see how modernized the interior of the mansion was than the exterior. The floor was made up of beautiful gray white marble, two curved staircases leading to an open second floor, and at the top of the high ceiling hung a chandelier dripped with cut diamonds that looked more expensive than his father's life's worth in money from the Ministry.

"Merlin, is this a home or a castle?" Ginny muttered, Fred and George nodding in agreement.

"Welcome Weasleys." Came a smooth baritone voice, accented with familiar French. Percy looked over at a very handsome man with thick black hair and piercing green eyes. "I'm Léo, and this is my lovely wife Jennifer, and you all know Clarissa I presume."

Percy was stunned at how much Clara looked like her mother. They both had the same dark, long curly hair, and sweet oval freckles face. However Clara's eyes, to Percy's surprise, was drastically different from her mother's whom where bark brown. They were both beautiful, Percy thought. Though the way Jennifer held herself, her hands pressed against her lower back, made the lady appear to have a rather pronounced round belly.

Arthur didn't waste a minute stepping forward and taking the man's hand in his. "Arthur Weasley, it's nice to meet you. This is my wife Molly. My eldest son Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred and George, and Ginny. This," Arthur said gesturing towards Michelle. "is a friend of my son and Clara's. I have another boy, but he couldn't make it."

"Seven children. Must be a handful." Jennifer said, resting her hand over her stomach. Percy looked over at Clara who wasn't looking at anyone, but at the floor. She wore a black and white checkered skirt, with knee high black socks, and a black, snug fit, long sleeved shirt. Percy thought she looked rather nice, however Clara did not look comfortable at all.

"Right this way." Said the man dressed in the back suit. The bunch ventured down the center of the grand foyer. Leading them down a wide wooden paneled corridor, the family was lead into a tall galleried room that, if possible, was larger than the front foyer and possibly larger than Percy's whole house. It had a rug spread out over flagstones and a fireplace big enough to park his dad's old car in was lit, the fire roaring viciously. A long polished wooden table had been set for ten, however each spot was so isolated at the table Percy didn't think conversation amoung them was going to be easily heard.

A row of ten finely dressed men stood at each chair, and as they made their way to their spots the men pulled out their heavy oak chairs and assisted them in taking a seat.

"You have a...beautiful home." Molly said as she took a seat. Percy hurried to take a seat across from Clara, however the girl still didn't look at him, but apparently found her skirt very interesting.

"I know." Léo said proudly. "It's significantly smaller than our home back in France, but we all have to make sacrifices for work, am I right Arthur?"

"I...erm...yeah." Arthur said awkwardly. Percy tried to get Clara's attention, tapping on the table, but still she stared down at her skirt.

As if Clara's mum was thinking the same thing as Percy, she turned to her daughter and frowned. "Clara Delauney, where are your manners?" She snapped, Clara looked up from her lap, her eyes trailing over her guests. Percy smiled when their eyes locked, however Clara merely gave him a half smile.

"Bonjour." Clara said quietly. "I am glad you were all able to make it to my wonderful home. It is my pleasure to be your host and I hope we are able to do this again another day." She said as if she was reciting a practiced line.

Jennifer turned to her husband, frowning. And in their native language, Jennifer began to speak quickly. "She is hopeless. We give her everything she needs and this is how she repays us? Sulking at her little dinner party I worked so hard to plan. Ungrateful child, she is. It's no wonder the Weasleys sent her home."

Percy frowned, not believing his ears. He watched as Clara sunk lower in her seat, her face becoming red and her eyes glistening.

"Clara is always welcomed into our home." Percy began, staring directly at Jennifer who looked shocked Percy understood what she had said. "But she wanted so badly to come home to see you two that we arranged for her safe arrival. I can't image why she wanted to be around you though, if after four months of not seeing her she comes home to you treating her like this." Percy couldn't stop his rambling mouth. "Now tell me, Mrs. Blanchard. Where are your manners?"

It was then that Percy's Gryffindor traits shown brightly. Not just the courage to stand up for the woman he loved, but the nerve to do so against her parents. Clara looked up at Percy, her brilliant eyes wide.

"Percy Weasley." Molly hissed.

However Percy wasn't focusing on the shocked faces around him but the beautiful, now smiling Clara before him.

"Clarissa." Jennifer said through her teeth. "A word."