Chapter Thirty-Four

Dear Percy,

I've got to say, I was a little shocked when Hermes showed up at the mouth of my tent. How did you get him to fly this far?  Isn't Egypt just a little bit out of his fly zone?

Besides that fact, you've got a lot to learn little brother. I can't believe you are just coming to me now. You don't know what to do on Valentine's day with Clara? Perce, sometimes I really don't know what to do with you. This is too much to write in a letter, especially since my hands are all banged up from a trap we ran into earlier this morning. Say what, le's meet in the Hogsmeade Village. This letter should reach you in under a day, so on the thirteenth. Meet me at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop just after lunch.

Take a break from  studying because Merlin knows you haven't yet,

Bill.

Percy sighed as he crumpled up the letter his brother sent him. He said alone at a two-person table next to the steamed up window. There were many teenaged couples sitting together, kissing and holding hands. It made Percy rather uncomfortable.

He had been sitting in the tea shop for over twenty minutes and his brother, Bill, still hadn't showed up. Percy was really starting to hate the tacky shop.

"Hello, beautiful." Percy looked up to see his brother standing before him with a smirk, holding up a bouquet of colourful flowers. "You look ravishing. Did you just use the stupify charm or are ou just a natural stunner?" Percy stared at his brother, reluctantly taking the flowers from him.

Bill took his seat, grinning. "We may not be in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming." He said.

"Are you mad?" Percy asked, and Bill laughed.

"That." He said, grinning. "Is how you should approach Clara tomorrow. Came up with them myself, aren't they brilliant? You do have her in your charms class, right?"

Percy nodded and Bill smirked. "Brilliant! So...here's how it's going to go tomorrow. Listen very carefully, Perce."

*

Clara was walking down the halls with her three roommates, Erika ranting about how much she hated George Weasley as Michelle ignored her, staring forward.

"For Merlin's sake, it's Valentines Day today! He can at least explain why he ditched you. George owes you that much. Where's Fred...I'll kick answers out of him..."

"Erika, shut it. Will you? I've told you, George wasn't tied down to me at all. We were never a thing, and we were never going to be a thing." Michelle shot back, rolling her eyes.

"Boys are stupid." Muttered Niki. "That's why I don't bother with them." Clara just scoffed, about to say something when her name was called from behind. The four girls turned to look at Percy Weasley, standing not too far away from them, a bundle of flowers in his hands.

"Clara...um...hi--I-I mean hello beautiful." Percy said, walking nervously towards Clara. She smiled and Erika 'awwed' next to her. Michelle was smirking and Niki crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing Percy.

"I-I know we are not...erm...I know that we may not be in P-Professor Flitwick's class, but you s-sure are ch-charming."

Niki let out a shriek, dissolving into a fit of hysterical laughter. Erika was covering her mouth, trying to stifle her laughter as well. Percy's face reddened.

"I-I mean...Merlin." Percy sighed. "You l-look ravishing. Did you use t-the..." Percy's face turned so red Clara swore it was beginning to look purple. All three of the girls were laughing hard now, Clara listening intentively to what Percy was attempting to say. She had never seen him so embarrased before.

"Did you use the stupify charm or are you a natural stunner?" Percy said extremely fast, shoving the bundle of flowers out into Clara's face. Clara giggled, taking the bouquet of flowers from the boy.

"Oh my Merlin!" Shrieked Erika, and with a deadly look Clara sent the three girls off. Percy was looking at the floor now, avoiding eye contact with Clara.

"I...I know I've been super b-busy lately, but I wanted you to know how much I care a-a-about y-you." Percy stuttered, scratching the back of his neck. "Happy Valentines Day?" Clara smiled.

"Oh, Percy." She giggled, pulling him into a tight hug. She didn't care how tacky Percy was, or how awkward the boy was. Clara didn't mind that her friends thought Percy was a joke. She knew Niki still didn't trust him, she knew Erika would rather Clara get together with Bill Weasley, and she knew Michelle thought Percy was a stick in the mud, but Clara didn't care about any of that. She didn't care that her mother hated Percy, because for the first time in Clara's life she felt okay. She felt at home in Percy's arms.

Clara was the luckiest girl alive.

"Happy Valentine's day." Clara whispered.

It didn't bother Clara that the two of them stood in the middle of a busy corridor, or that students were giving the two odd looks. She was just happy that after such a heart-wrenching battle, she could finally call Percy hers and nothing could separate them.

Percy was basically bouncing as he walked into his dorm room. He was smiling, his head far up in the clouds. However Percy was brought back down to earth when Oliver grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him.

"PERCY THIS IS IT. THIS IS HOW I DIE!" Oliver all but shouted into his face. Percy stared up at him with wide eyes. Oliver looked as if he hadn't slept in days, dark bags hung underneith his eyes and his bronze hair was an absolute mess.

"What in Merlin's...?"

"IN JUST TWO DAYS GRYFFINDOR GOES AGAINST RAVENLAW. PERCY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!"

"You'll be playing Quidditch?" Percy said. Oliver shook his head, shaking Percy's shoulders again, Percy's teeth clattering together with every shake. Oliver was a lot stronger than he looked.

"IF I DON'T WIN, I AM DOOMED!" Oliver yelled, letting go of Percy and plopping down face first on his bed.

"I'm sure you'll be fine--"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID LAST TIME! AND WHAT HAPPENED?" Percy was quiet. "WE LOST."

Oliver buried his face into his sheets and Percy walked over and sat beside the boy. Awkwardly, Percy reached over and patted the boy's back.

"You would have won if it wasn't for the Dementors." Percy was saying. "You'll beat Ravenclaw--"

"Ravenclaw is good." Oliver said, his face still buried in the sheets. 

"Then be better." Percy countered.

Clara was making her way to the Hufflepuff common room when she was stopped by Penelope Clearwater.

"Penny. Hi." Clara said, smiling. Penny smiled back, falling in step next to Clara.

"First, I just want to say congratulations. Nearly the whole school knows about you and Percy, which is something I could never accomplish." Clara just smiled, unsure of how to respond to the girl.

"But I just wanted to ask you something." Penny said.

"Eh...sure." Clara said, turning to look at the blonde girl.

"I wanted to make a bet with Percy." She was saying. "One sickle says that Ravenclaw wins. It's just...something him and I do. I'll understand if you want me to stay far away from him--"

"Penny." Clara interrupted, resting a hand on the girls shoulder. "Percy is still your friend. There should be no reason for me to get in between that. Of course you can make a bet with him!" Clara dropped to a whisper. "I think my money's on Ravenclaw as well." Clara winked at her.

Penny smiled. "Thank you Clara."