Chapter Sixty-One

Sadness flies away on wings of time.

Percy had to remember that. He couldn't go crawling back to Clara whenever he felt sad. He had to move on, no matter how much it physically hurt him. He winced, grasped at his shirt above his heart. Ever since Percy had parted from his love, it felt like thorns were being pumped through his heart and with every contraction he was stabbed. 

Percy shook his head, grabbing the last of his books from his desk and shoving them in his bag. He was finally done cleaning out his belongings from the dorm room, just in time for dinner. The boy sat on his bed, his bag fully pack but owl. He didn't know if he was ready to leave Hogwarts just yet. It had become his home ever since he was just eleven years old. It was crazy to think that after today, they'd be leaving across the black lake--leaving Hogwarts forever.

Unless he became a teacher here.

Percy snorted.

He didn't think he'd ever be a teacher in this place. Mostly because he'd probably end up killing a student. There were too many idiots that roamed these hallways and Percy would be fine to never have to be in charge of them ever again, being Head Boy was good enough for him.

Percy sighed.

He was going to miss it. He had to admit that. He was going to miss the memories most of all. Especially the memories with Clara.

He winced again.

Sighing, Percy got up from his bed and raked his fingers through his tangled mess of red curls. He slipped on his shoes and grabbed Hermes' cage. He was going to head to the Owlery before dinner to capture his owl.

Percy hurried through the Hogwarts halls before he could finally breathe a breath of the great outdoors. The sight before him was almost enough to make him forget about Clara for a minute, but the beauty of the large oak trees and the growing flowers only reminded Percy of Clara's stunning beauty. A beauty nothing on God's green earth could compete with.

Jogging up the steps, Percy searched for his screech owl. He noticed Harry's large snowy owl, and sitting next to it was Hermes, with a letter clamped between its beak. Confused, Percy walked over to the owl and carefully took the letter from him. His heart skipped a beat when he read the fine penmanship on the front of the letter and large M stamped in the corner.

He tore open that letter faster than Ron scarfing down good food.

*

"Oliver, Oliver,  Oliver!" Percy ran up to the boy, breathless. Oliver looked up at him from where he was sitting at the Gryffindor, eating their last meal.

"Percy, what in Merlin's--"

"I got a letter from the Ministry of Magic!" Percy exclaimed. Oliver was shocked, more so at Percy's excited manner. "Barty...Barty...Crouch...wants...me--" Percy sat down quickly, grabbing the whole pitcher of water and chugging the water. Oliver sat with his jaw hung open, watching the impatient boy and waiting for him to explain what this was all about.

Percy put the pitcher down, his breathing still heavy.

"I've been accepted to work in the Department of International Magic Cooperation under Barty Crouch." Percy said very quickly. Oliver smiled, patting Percy on the back. 

"There ya go." He said, his thick Scottish accent shining through. "I knew you could do it Percy, the Ministry needs someone like you. Good job." Percy smiled, a goofy, proud smile. But that smile soon faltered as Percy found himself wanting to tell Clara all about it...but couldn't. 

He winced again and sighed. 

"If only I could tell Clarissa." Percy muttered. Oliver shrugged.