Chapter Forty

Percy was sitting by himself, poking at his kipper with his fork as students groggily shuffled around the Great Hall, gathering their breakfast. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night, but that seemed to be a reoccurring thing for the boy. His brain had a hard time letting him relax, and especially after he had confronted Clara about her new look, he stayed up worrying whether or not she truly loved him.

If only Penny came to breakfast still, he would have loved to talk to someone who could comfort him.

Percy was just about to get up from the Gryffindor table and head to his Charms class early when two redheads plopped down on either side of him. Percy sighed, burying his face in his hands.

"What do you two want?" He groaned.

"Now, is that any way to greet your dearest little brothers?" Asked Fred, smirking. Percy just sighed again, shaking his head at the two as they piled their plates full of food.

"We've come to see how our brilliant brother is doing." Said George.

"Brilliant? Don't you think brilliant brother is a little far?" Hissed Fred. George just shrugged, shoving a piece of toast in his face as Percy glared at the two.

"You never just come over here for a visit, you've always got an alternative motive." Percy eyed Fred. "So, what is it?"

"What is it he says." Fred snorted. "Well, I'll tell you what it is. It's about your girlfriend."

"You know, Clara." Piped up George.

"Yes, I know who my girlfriend is." Hissed Percy. "What about her?"

"Have you seen Clara and her friends? Everyone's talking about it. Erika with her...very red hair and Niki with her purple. Michelle didn't seem to join the girls in their hair changes...but Clara with her--"

"Pink hair, I know." Mumbled Percy.

"So you've see it?" George grinned, and Percy rolled his eyes.

"Of course I have, she's my girlfriend after all."

"Well then," Fred said, thumping his hand on Percy's back. "How does it feel to be the boyfriend of one of the most talked about girls right now? No one can believe she's with you of all people.

If looks could kill Fred would have been no more. But he didn't care for Percy's glare as he continued.

"They've caught nearly everyone's attention. If I were you, Perce, I'd hold Clara close because she's grabbed even more attention from the Hufflepuff blokes especially."

"Beatrix says nearly all her roommates are talking about the new look." Said George, taking a bite from an apple. "Says she herself might change her hair too."

"Nonsense." Spat Percy. "It's a rather childish look, I don't know why Clara ever decided to get that done."

Fred and George exchanged a look.

"Aw, Perce. Why so bitter?" Asked Fred. "I think your girlfriend looks lovely-"

"You STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Shouted Percy. Fred nearly fell back off his seat, his eyes wide with horror and shock.

"Whoa, Perce. I didn't mean-"

"Why don't you bugger off from Clara, and go play with your psychopathic girlfriend, you hear? I don't want you two converting her, or whatever it is you two do." Hissed Percy, standing up from where he sat. Fred followed him, his cheeks and ears almost as red as his hair.

"What did you say about Amelia?" He seethed through his teeth, fists clenched at his sides. George stood up as well, struggling to swallow his mouth full of apple.