Chapter Sixty-Three

Every heartbroken word from Clara's mouth stung Niki, only fueling the fire that burned inside of her, the fire that Percy Weasley had started. Every cry was like gasoline to it, her fists began to clench and her jaw rooted. When the final mento had been added to the coke inside of her, she exploded with anger, without any warning. Niki had been silent the whole time Clara had been crying in the compartment with them.

"Where is he?" She growled, slamming the compartment door open.

"Excuse me!" Shouted Gabriella, Head Girl, from down the hall. "Slam that door one more time and--!"

"And WHAT?!" Niki yelled. "You'll take away points? Shut it." She hissed. "You have no power anymore." Niki turned to face her girlfriends.

"Which one?" She seethed through her teeth. "Where is that rat?"

"First one." Clara said quietly. "First one on zee right."

"Let me at him." Niki hissed, charging forward, but Michelle held her back.

"Wait, can't we just leave him--?" She paused for a minute, looking at Clara, before letting Niki's arm go. "No, go at him." 

Niki stormed down the hallway, reaching Percy's compartment. She yanked the door open, letting it slam and scare Percy.  Niki walked into the compartment, stopping in her tracks when she saw Penny sitting across from Percy.

"Dear fucking Merlin." Niki breathed, rolling her eyes. "Get out." She ordered Penny. Penny must have heard the spark in Niki's voice because she stood up and left Percy to fend for himself without a word.

"Nicole, I know what you're going to say--"

"NO." Niki all but yelled. "You do NOT get to speak."

Erika was laughing so hard she barely noticed the Weasley twins enter their compartment.

"Bloody hell." George said, laughing. "How long has she been yelling at him for? It must have been at least fifteen minutes now."

"No, half an hour now." Fred piped up.

"AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARE EVER COMING NEAR HER AGAIN, AFTER EVERYTHING YOU PUT HER THROUGH, YOU BETTER RETHINK THAT WEASLEY RAT."

"Bloody hell." Said Fred and George.

"We better go save him." George suggested.

"UNLESS YOU'RE CONFESSING YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR HER, I DON'T WANNA SEE YOU EVEN LOOKING HER WAY."

Fred and George looked at each other. "Nah." They both said, shaking their heads.

Erika laughed. "I didn't know her bark was worse than her bite." Erika said, giggling.

"Oh no." Michelle said, shaking her head. "Her bite is equally as worse."

"The whole train can hear her." Said Fred.

"Good." All four of them looked over at Clara, who was curled up in a ball and wrapped in a blanket. She hadn't said a word before that.

"Look, mate, I'm sorry about our brother, he can be so absolutely stupid when it comes to some things."

"Most things." Fred corrected his brother. The opening of the compartment door startled the bunch, and Niki came walking back in, taking a seat next to Clara. Everyone was silent for a minute, then Clara reached out and hugged the still fuming girl.

"Now, Clara. No more tears." Niki said. "Hunny, if he doesn't come crawling back after my lecture, he definitely isn't worth it."

"Yikes." Fred laughed. "I like you, you have fire."

"Excuse me, why are you two here?" Niki asked. Fred and George shrugged.

"We wanted in on the drama." Fred said honestly.

"Well, drama's over. Let's go." Niki said, pointing to the doorway. The twins held up their hands in defeat.

"Ok, ok. We're gone." George muttered. The twins getting up, but before they could leave, Percy blocked their way.

"And the drama ensues." Fred whispered, eyeing his older brother before slipping by him.

"Take her while she's willing," Fred said. "You can't get one better than her." But Percy didn't even look at his brother, he was looking at Clara. But Clara sat there, staring out the window.

Percy cleared his throat, but she still didn't look up at him. "Clarissa." Percy finally said. "I'd like to speak with you, alone."

"I know you would." Clara said in her native language, leaving the girls clueless about what she had said. "But I no longer wish to speak with you."

"It is important." Percy responded back in her native language. "Niki was right, about some things."

"Niki was right about all things." Clara said. "And if you don't see that then you are still blind. And I cannot be with someone who is blind to love."

"Maybe we can make things work," Percy said. "Maybe we can work around my schedule. I do still love you."

"I am not just a name in your schedule, Percy Weasley." Clara said. "You need to see that." Clara said, still not looking up at the boy.

"Then maybe we aren't meant to be." Percy said quietly. "Will you...will you at least look up at me?"

Clara didn't.

"Yes, Percy. Maybe we aren't meant to be. Maybe I was just a pawn on your chest board, something to entertain you for now, someone to take the fall for you. But I was never your Queen, was I? That was always your precious school, and now your precious job. I was always just your stupid pawn."

"Clara--"

"Leave." She growled. "Leave while I still respect you."

And he did.

Without a word.

Without a fight.

Just a small sigh.

Erika and the girls had watched this conversation go back and forth, but neither of them understood what went on.

"What?" Niki piped up. They all looked at Clara, who didn't look at either of them. She just stared, jaw clenched and stonefaced.

"We're done." Clara whispered. "Percy Weasley is incapable of breaking protocol. Even for love."

And this time, she did not shed a tear.

....love you guys ;)

Sequeal is out, called Perfection.

Please feel free to message me on here, or snapchat/Instagram @champagnie02 if you have any requests for the upcoming book, or want to yell at me for taking too long to update 💖 ~ Miranda